The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ohio St with a home (Cleveland) loss to West Virginia. Maybe we should pump the brakes on them just a tad? Or perhaps....college hoops has zero elite level teams and anyone can do their thing on any given day? Just win baby.

I feel like anyone ranked 1-30 could win on any given day against any opponent. Also, I think OSU as a whole is feeling a hangover (literally and figuratively) from last night's loss to Clemson. I watched most of the second half, and they *definitely* did not look like the #2 team in the country. 

6 minutes ago, BEKA said:

I feel like anyone ranked 1-30 could win on any given day against any opponent. Also, I think OSU as a whole is feeling a hangover (literally and figuratively) from last night's loss to Clemson. I watched most of the second half, and they *definitely* did not look like the #2 team in the country. 

Interestingly enough that both OSU #2 ranked teams.... FB and BB went down within a matter of hours. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not really at home because the game was played in Cleveland. Sorry did not look at other responses before I posted

A loss is a loss. Regardless of the court. However, watching the game, it seemed to me there were a lot of West Virginia fans there.  Having personally driven from Eastern Ohio to West Virginia and back again, I know that it  is  that not big of a drive. 

Good for the West Virginia fans that did show up.  They were rewarded with a W. 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not really at home because the game was played in Cleveland. Sorry did not look at other responses before I posted

Thus the quotation marks, but I get what you're saying. Although Cleveland is a lot more friendly to the Buckeyes than the Mountaineers. 

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Florida a &m beats Iowa st making them the 4th team this season to be at least a 25 point dog and win.  

Florida A&M first ever win over P5 opponent. Iowa St was up double digits early in 2nd half too. Also saw Butler avoided nuclear meltdown vs St. John's. Up 21 at half and nail biter to end for 2 point win. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Florida A&M first ever win over P5 opponent. Iowa St was up double digits early in 2nd half too. Also saw Butler avoided nuclear meltdown vs St. John's. Up 21 at half and nail biter to end for 2 point win. 

Butler built a 23 point lead and lost every bit of it and fell behind by one.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Exactly!!!!!!  LOL

I know s IU fans we pay more attention to our team but if you watch a lot of other college games you would see that all teams make the same mistakes that we do.  We see all of these mistakes our team makes but I see those same things in every game I watch.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I know s IU fans we pay more attention to our team but if you watch a lot of other college games you would see that all teams make the same mistakes that we do.  We see all of these mistakes our team makes but I see those same things in every game I watch.

Yes they do Scott, Butler was fortunate to escape with the W.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It's because we are the most knowledgeable fan base in the universe Scott, and this is Indiana by gosh! 😋

9 minutes ago, rico said:

We are a knowledgeable fan base that tends to eat it's own.  Sad, but true.

I am not saying we are not very knowledgeable but it is not like there are not other fane bases that are as well.  I also think as time goes on and the longer we go from the RMK era the less knowledgeable we become.  I also think some of our fan base thinks like a coach when looking at our games instead of looking at it as a fan.  As a fan I don't have to dissect every little play and see what we did wrong.  I use to let how the team play bother me but now what I care most about is if we win instead of how we win.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Yes they do Scott, Butler was fortunate to escape with the W.

If you guys want to get into this silliness, fine.  The difference between Butler melting down and Indiana melting down (or a host of other programs that are better than us right now) is that they still manage to win the majority of their games.  We don't.  The end.

Our fans would be much more forgiving if our program has not been ridiculously mediocre for 2 decades plus.  Miller is .590 overall since arriving at Indiana.  He starts winning closer to 70% of his games like Butler has been doing, people will shut up.  If we are ranked in the top 10 and have a let down game, people will be disappointed but they will let up.  Particularly if we are consistently good.  The bar is so ridiculously low right now that all it would take is for a coach to just make the %$#% NCAA tournament.  Forget competing for even a Big Ten title, just do the absolute low bar for a program like Indiana of making the tournament.  That is the difference between those other programs and this one.  We had an elite pedigree and squandered it.  Those who remember what we are capable of are becoming either more and more apathetic or more and more angry.  I am a mixture of both.  I miss a ton of games anymore but the depths this program has fallen to pisses me off to no end.  Pointing out that Top 10 Butler struggled and Top 5 Ohio State stumbled is a really sh...crappy comparison to what we have dealt with since the turn of the century.  

19 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If you guys want to get into this silliness, fine.  The difference between Butler melting down and Indiana melting down (or a host of other programs that are better than us right now) is that they still manage to win the majority of their games.  We don't.  The end.

Our fans would be much more forgiving if our program has not been ridiculously mediocre for 2 decades plus.  Miller is .590 overall since arriving at Indiana.  He starts winning closer to 70% of his games like Butler has been doing, people will shut up.  If we are ranked in the top 10 and have a let down game, people will be disappointed but they will let up.  Particularly if we are consistently good.  The bar is so ridiculously low right now that all it would take is for a coach to just make the %$#% NCAA tournament.  Forget competing for even a Big Ten title, just do the absolute low bar for a program like Indiana of making the tournament.  That is the difference between those other programs and this one.  We had an elite pedigree and squandered it.  Those who remember what we are capable of are becoming either more and more apathetic or more and more angry.  I am a mixture of both.  I miss a ton of games anymore but the depths this program has fallen to pisses me off to no end.  Pointing out that Top 10 Butler struggled and Top 5 Ohio State stumbled is a really sh...crappy comparison to what we have dealt with since the turn of the century.  

What year were you born?

Archived