• Created
  • Last Reply

Good QB-✔

Good RB-✔

Improving defense-✔

Good FG kicker-✔

Good punter-✔

High scoring offense-✔

This are important elements to a good team and IU seems to have it covered...lets keep it rolling..its November and i haven't even checked the basketball schedule to see when the first game is..🤟

Just now, 5fouls said:

I think a lot depends on the result of the SMU / Memphis game.  If Memphis wins, I can't see us making it.  

It will be interesting to see where SMU would slide to if Memphis wins.  If Memphis gets another touchdown and wins by 3 scores, I could see SMU sliding out of the top 25.

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Good QB-✔

Good RB-✔

Improving defense-✔

Good FG kicker-✔

Good punter-✔

High scoring offense-✔

This are important elements to a good team and IU seems to have it covered...lets keep it rolling..its November and i haven't even checked the basketball schedule to see when the first game is..🤟

First BB game is this Tuesday against Western Illinois.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think a lot depends on the result of the SMU / Memphis game.  If Memphis wins, I can't see us making it.  

Good perspective on that!

However , has IU passed them up since them? 

.Given the finish of that game against MSU I think it is debatable regardless

.It is near certain if IU wins in two weeks. 

An interesting ranking question would arise if IU somehow did beat Penn State,  Penn State is ranked 5th in the country.  If IU went into Happy Valley and won, where would the voters place an 8-2 IU team in relation to a 9-1 Penn State team.  

Now, I'm not delusional enough to think that will happen,but it would be an interesting ranking scenario.

Having said that, I truly feel we have a chance to beat Michigan at home, assuming we come out of Penn State with no major injuries.  .

10 minutes ago, KDB said:

So.. do we get ranked? 

Depends how close the voters look at our 7-2.

Our four BT wins have been against teams that are 3-21 in conference. Think we will be top 25 if we beat PSU (highly unlikely) or UM (fighting chance at home but they are certainly looking better than they did earlier in the season).

In any case, we are going bowling and that is GREAT and a step in the right direction for the program.

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think so. Not sure how they would’ve fared against Iowa, Minny, and Wisky. 

I think Minnesota is going to lose three of their last four games.

They are 5-0 in conference by beating PU, NB, MD, Rutgers and Illinois. Kudos to them for beating the teams they have faced but the party is going to end next weekend against PSU.

2 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I think Minnesota is going to lose three of their last four games.

They are 5-0 in conference by beating PU, NB, MD, Rutgers and Illinois. Kudos to them for beating the teams they have faced but the party is going to end next weekend against PSU.

Idk if they beat Purdue if Moore and Sindelar don’t get hurt on the same play IMO. And I agree they’ll likely lose at least a few of those games. 

Archived