Penn State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference was mental mistakes and bad calls. 

• Dropped pass in the end zone
  • Whop's flubbed return fiasco (which I still think he didn't touch after watching the replay)
  • That garbage fake punt stunt
  • The non-call on Whop getting targeted

Can't expect to win against a top 10 team with that many mistakes and crappy officiating. 

IU fought hard.   Allen had the team believing as all get out. They competed.  DeBoer has called uncanny plays all year.  He deserves a big raise too along with Allen.  

Constructively, we need to improve our physicality on both sides of the ball.  We got worn down at the line of scrimmage.  We have talent there but we need some more juice for 60 minutes.  That was the difference.  We didn’t get gashed too much, but we just didn’t hold up enough against the run on D and on offense we didn’t knock them off the ball enough.

Losing stinks but you can identify your weaknesses so they can be addressed.  

I didn’t watch from end to end, but I have to say, and I did want us to win etc, but to lose by only a touchdown to Penn State in Happy Valley, I’m ok with that. Obviously would have wanted the W first and foremost, but this isn’t the same IU football team of years past, this isn’t the same mentality, this is a better program overall. I’ll take it, ditto what Bob Saccamanno said and move onwards and upwards and hope to beat UM handily.

4 plays...

Dropped TD

Whops muffed punt

PI on PSUs 2nd possession (awful call)

The fake punt debacle (no way that was a called fake) 

Sigh. Overally I'm ok with the way we played. If that's a top 10 team, we're pretty good. Ramsey is so solid. Ellis goodness. OL just couldn't do enough. 

I’m disappointed in the play calling. No idea why you recruit tall receivers if you’re not going to take advantage when you have that huge advantage. I would’ve loved to see more long jump balls. Instead they opted to try and dink and dunk down the field. Guys played hard and felt like we were the better team. We can definitely beat Michigan.

Just now, MPM said:

I’m disappointed in the play calling. No idea why you recruit tall receivers if you’re not going to take advantage when you have that huge advantage. I would’ve loved to see more long jump balls. Instead they opted to try and dink and dunk down the field. Guys played hard and felt like we were the better team. We can definitely beat Michigan.

Play calling was great. We had 460 yards total offense. Please dont buy into the announcers commentary. 

11 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Difference was mental mistakes and bad calls. 

• Dropped pass in the end zone
  • Whop's flubbed return fiasco (which I still think he didn't touch after watching the replay)
  • That garbage fake punt stunt
  • The non-call on Whop getting targeted

Can't expect to win against a top 10 team with that many mistakes and crappy officiating. 

This. Might as well shut the thread here. Not much else to say. 

Hate to lose! But as most have stated IU is treading up!!! Penn State should of had Death Penalty and the sanctions should never been removed IU reports phone calls in our Mbb and we blow up our Blue Blood program! At least IU has DIGNITY in our programs!!! Rant over!!

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

4 plays...

Dropped TD

Whops muffed punt

PI on PSUs 2nd possession (awful call)

The fake punt debacle (no way that was a called fake) 

Sigh. Overally I'm ok with the way we played. If that's a top 10 team, we're pretty good. Ramsey is so solid. Ellis goodness. OL just couldn't do enough. 

Add the missed targeting that caused a fumble and led to a PSU touchdown. Also left Whop out for the game. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Archived