IU vs ND Pre-game Thread

milehiiu

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Went back and came up with some of the best IU wins in the 72 game series that dates back to 1908.  There have been some classics.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/memorable-indiana-basketball-wins-in-the-notre-dame-series/

Greatly appreciate the time you took, to bring this to us.  Thanks !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am remembering correctly neither Wisconsin nor Nebraska came in as world beaters shooting the the three and they both had success against us, like we weren't expecting it from them.    It seems like there is at least a track record there this year of ND liking to shoot the three.  I'm hoping that since that is a more recognized part of what they like to do that we are a bit more prepared to defend it tomorrow.  

13 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If I am remembering correctly neither Wisconsin nor Nebraska came in as world beaters shooting the the three and they both had success against us, like we weren't expecting it from them.    It seems like there is at least a track record there this year of ND liking to shoot the three.  I'm hoping that since that is a more recognized part of what they like to do that we are a bit more prepared to defend it tomorrow.  

You are correct. Especially in the case of the Bugeaters.  IU MUST get better at defending the perimeter.

41 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

“It’s a game within a game. Your style versus their style"

Several key differences between IU and ND will likely decide today's contest.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-something-has-to-give-as-notre-dame-presents-contrasting-style/

Excellent article...

But is anyone else starting to doubt the achilles injury to Devonte? He was taken out right after a really boneheaded "Bad Devonte" play against Nebraska, and never returned, yet practiced this week, and should play against ND...

Just makes you wonder if it's was more a disciplinary action with a face-saving component for one of our captains.

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Excellent article...

But is anyone else starting to doubt the achilles injury to Devonte? He was taken out right after a really boneheaded "Bad Devonte" play against Nebraska, and never returned, yet practiced this week, and should play against ND...

Just makes you wonder if it's was more a disciplinary action with a face-saving component for one of our captains.

Nahh, he aggravated it. 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

“It’s a game within a game. Your style versus their style"

Several key differences between IU and ND will likely decide today's contest.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-something-has-to-give-as-notre-dame-presents-contrasting-style/

Stretching our big forwards out to the perimeter while spreading the pack line to the wings has been our glaring vulnerability. Nebraska and Wisconsin did that well - we learned a bit as a team against Wisconsin and pulled out the Nebraska W, but ND’s bigs shoot well from the arc. 

I would hope to see us doing something different today. If we just come in with the same pack line in the big lineup i doubt CAM’s preparation of that group wlll be enough. 

Our win at the line approach bombed against Wisconsin and this ND team doesn’t foul. When you know coming in a team doesn’t foul you should have alternatives to just trying to impose your style. 

Adjustments is an over used term, but I hope to see some today 

Notre Dame damn near shoots 40 three's a game! They're going to hit three's the key is not to get discouraged and to limit the damage. Limiting their 3 point makes  getting to the free throw line I think are our two big keys to our victory today.  I would like to see Rob start today. He would be a big defensive presence at the top of the key and would definitely do his fair share of limiting open shots at that location.

20 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Notre Dame damn near shoots 40 three's a game! They're going to hit three's the key is not to get discouraged and to limit the damage. Limiting their 3 point makes  getting to the free throw line I think are our two big keys to our victory today.  I would like to see Rob start today. He would be a big defensive presence at the top of the key and would definitely do his fair share of limiting open shots at that location.

No clue it it will impact them or not but it seems like shooting in pro arenas is always difficult for some teams. Hopefully for them today. 

On 12/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

any word at all about the odds of Green playing?

good if he behaves himself. don't buy that company line about him not playing last game because of his achilles. he was being benched for his sloppy turnovers and poor shot selection. not good optics to bench your senior team captain for that so miller saving green the embarrassment. for now

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Excellent article...

that's exactly what happened

Archived