IU vs ND Pre-game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Last time was in '91 and before that 1958.  If you open the link you'll see an awful lot of goose eggs for our score in the 29 game series.

http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/nd/in.shtml

Yes. I checked.  Before posting. Plus I do recall playing ND. Even in 1958.  Yeah, I am an old IU fan.  Very lopsided. Just five wins.  However. Thought it was a fun series.  Hard to think of some of the teams ND plays now. And IU is left out.  Oh, well. 

Nice hearing from you.  Merry Christmas to you and yours !

One thing is for sure: It will be raining 3's from ND if we don't run them off the line.

If we "settle" for jumpers instead of sharing the ball, and working inside out, it could be a very long game.

And just for the helluvit, let's use a shot fake...or...I'd even settle for a pass fake.

59 minutes ago, DWB said:

One thing is for sure: It will be raining 3's from ND if we don't run them off the line.

If we "settle" for jumpers instead of sharing the ball, and working inside out, it could be a very long game.

And just for the helluvit, let's use a shot fake...or...I'd even settle for a pass fake.

After seeing what Nebraska rained down from three, against us.... got to agree that treys concern me, going into this game.  Got to find a way in one week to close out beyond the arc.

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Devonte has used the shot fake a few times this year...and relatively well. Got the defender to bite and turned a questionable 3 into a smooth 17 footer.

11 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Devonte has used the shot fake a few times this year...and relatively well. Got the defender to bite and turned a questionable 3 into a smooth 17 footer.

Zline..not to argue, but that's 1 player doing a shot fake a "few times this YEAR". Hell, I can remember when past teams used to shot fake 2 times and pass fake 3 times in one possession!

13 minutes ago, DWB said:

Zline..not to argue, but that's 1 player doing a shot fake a "few times this YEAR". Hell, I can remember when past teams used to shot fake 2 times and pass fake 3 times in one possession!

No argument there.  But, on the flip side, a few times in the first 11 games is more than I recall him doing it last year.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

No argument there.  But, on the flip side, a few times in the first 11 games is more than I recall him doing it last year.

Green does a good job of shot and pass fake and then taking advantage of it to head toward the rim.  Even bad devonte is usually trying to do something that isn't expected or normal

26 minutes ago, DWB said:

Brunk uses a pump fake in the post all the time. It usually ends up with him still getting blocked, but he uses it. 

6 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

I think we will have no problem getting to the line....got to convert them!! We have GOT to defend the perimeter!! I would love to see RP and DG have an awesome day!! IU by eight! 

Do agree with you on two points. We have been great at getting to the line.  Gotta make the freebies, when we do.  AND, got to defend the perimeter, unlike what we did against Nebraska.  Can't allow that to happen again. 

Archived