Arkansas post game

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm just pointing out the fact that you're touting this kid as the cure to what ails IU, and against B10 defenses, I'm not so sure.

I conceded that he would have helped our backcourt depth, but he would not be a season saver for us, in my opinion...

I’m not touting him. I said Purdue picked up a grad transfer guard. You asked for options and I delivered. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I’m not touting him. I said Purdue picked up a grad transfer guard. You asked for options and I delivered. 

Here's a screenshot of the original question, and your reply...I had asked what player specifically could Archie have gone after, and you replied "I gave you one off the top of my head." 

So, you didn't mean we should have went after Proctor?

Screenshot_20191231-101410~2.png

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Here's a screenshot of the original question, and your reply...I had asked what player specifically could Archie have gone after, and you replied "I gave you one off the top of my head." 

So, you didn't mean we should have went after Proctor?

Screenshot_20191231-101410~2.png

Tout I did not. Deliver options, however, is exactly what I did.

C7E1B8C9-D080-4B8D-A94F-9B01EBF9A5DC.jpeg

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

Proctor hit over 38% from downtown a couple years back so he’s capable. He’s likely due for a big second half as water finds its level.

There are definitely some useful pieces on this list including the honorable mentions at the bottom.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-college-basketballs-top-graduate-transfers-who-will-play-for-new-teams-in-2019-20/amp/

Well, it certainly sounded like you were touting him...had you provided the link above the first time I questioned you on "who" I wouldn't have written you off as indolent...

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, it certainly sounded like you were touting him...had you provided the link above the first time I questioned you on "who" I wouldn't have written you off as indolent...

I got busy yesterday, but proctor came to mind. All you had to do was consult google. Much better options on the list than him

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

That spring he got rid of Grant Gelon and brought in Race Thompson.  Wright committed to Colorado less than a week prior to Gelon leaving. If Archie wanted Wright and Wright wanted to come here, they obviously would have talked about it and Wright would have held off commiting to Colorado and came here a week later.

I have no knowledge, so this is pure speculation. I’ve always suspected that CAM didn’t want to poach a Dayton recruit. 

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

Man some of you act like Archie Is the pope and can do no wrong.

On the flip some of you make it seem IU is 2-11 not 11-2.

Personally I will wait until the end of the season and BIG play to hold my judgement.  However if the BIG season goes the way it did last year I it will be an upsetting trend.

Most of the negativity is because of last season.  We just aren't nearly as good as our record exactly as I told everyone at this time a year ago.  I will let the season play out but it looks really bad to me.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I have no knowledge, so this is pure speculation. I’ve always suspected that CAM didn’t want to poach a Dayton recruit. 

Honorable if so, but almost to a fault. Hell, Crean brought Nick Williams with him here, and I think Mo Creek was considered a heavy Marquette lean and was the 2nd in that class to commit (Elston remained committed after Sampson).  And Crean is a relatively above the board coach too.

5 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

I got busy yesterday, but proctor came to mind. All you had to do was consult google. Much better options on the list than him

I usually prefer the poster making the assertion to provide the information to back it up...

That said, in the preseason we were looking at 11 deep...

Green

Davis

Smith

Durham

Hunter

Phinisee

Anderson

Brunk

Jackson-Davis

Franklin

Thompson

I don't know...just me, but I trust the coaching staff to know what we need, and what we don't...I was glad we grabbed Brunk, but apparently the coaching staff thought we were good elsewhere...

18 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just want to add, I work with a young guy that is friends with a cheerleader and knows a couple players on the womens team.  It is his opinion/word on the street, from things he has heard,  that Archie and Devonte dont like each other on a personal level and Archie cannot stand the way DG plays.  Justin Smith is salvageable.

The upperclassmen are Crean recruits the underclassmen are Archie's recruits.  It's like oil and water.  Is it Archie's fault he cant change them?  I dont know.  

But, give CAM a team of Sr Rob(hopefully healthy), So.Leal, Jr.Jerome, So.Geronimo, So. Galloway, and whatever big we have at the time and see what happens.  

It might take until year 5....if he gets it. 

I want CAM to succeed because another coaching change...umm. I dont want to there tonight. 

If that is the case then why didn't Archie just have a talk with Green after the first year and tell him the best for both of them would be for him to transfer.

16 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Brand got the cart going down the hill and everyone else has taken turns trying to either slow it down and or stop it.

if there is any ONE human being that should shoulder more blame than anyone ever for IU Hoops it’s Myles Brand. He is pure and simply the Anti-Christ of IU Hoops.

Herbert was no better and f he had let the AD hire who he wanted then we would not be in this situation.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Most of the negativity is because of last season.  We just aren't nearly as good as our record exactly as I told everyone at this time a year ago.  I will let the season play out but it looks really bad to me.

And Mr Optimistic rears his positive head...as usual.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:02 PM, AxnJxn said:

And maybe, just maybe, Archie isn't the right guy? Personally, I don't believe this, and I would agree that it's too early to make that determination, but some of you are completely incapable of even considering it. 

Valid point.  On the flip-side,  some seem to be completely incapable of even considering that maybe he is.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I usually prefer the poster making the assertion to provide the information to back it up...

That said, in the preseason we were looking at 11 deep...

Green

Davis

Smith

Durham

Hunter

Phinisee

Anderson

Brunk

Jackson-Davis

Franklin

Thompson

I don't know...just me, but I trust the coaching staff to know what we need, and what we don't...I was glad we grabbed Brunk, but apparently the coaching staff thought we were good elsewhere...

It will be 2020 here in a few hours. Information available at everyone’s fingertips within seconds. What a time to be alive. Don’t get left behind.

1 minute ago, CrimsonV said:

It will be 2020 here in a few hours. Information available at everyone’s fingertips within seconds. What a time to be alive. Don’t get left behind.

You're not one of those "if it's on the internet, it must be true!" guys, are you?

7 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Valid point.  On the flip-side,  some seem to be completely incapable of even considering that maybe he is.

He might be but he's running out of time to prove it.  Miss the dance and the 2021 class will be a guaranteed bust even if he gets a 4th year.  That would seal his fate no matter what.  

Archived