2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Fine time for a Cubs fan to want realignment....you guys "made" the Reds and Braves play in the NL West over your petty rivalries.  LOL

Hey, the Reds initially dominated the NL West, so we did you a favor!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I've always thought the leagues/divisions should be realigned...

AL Northeast

Yankees

Mets

Red Sox

Phillies

Pirates

AL Atlantic

Orioles

Nats

Braves

Rays

Marlins

AL Midwest

Reds

Indians

Tigers

Blue Jays

Brewers

NL Midwest

Cubs 

White Sox

Twins

Cards

Royals

NL West

Astros

Rangers

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Mariners

NL California

Giants

Dodgers

As

Angels

Padres

Try to preserve some in state rivalries, along with traditional rivalries here...

You can't put the Reds in the AL.  They are the first professional team.  They should dictate what divisions get labelled AL vs NL, even if the rules are the same.  Otherwise, I love the concept of regional divisions..  

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You can't put the Reds in the AL.  They are the first professional team.  They should dictate what divisions get labelled AL vs NL, even if the rules are the same.  Otherwise, I love the concept of regional divisions..  

I didn't actually think of that, but I'm sure other teams would be unhappy as well...

But if I was The Baseball Czar, there would be the above alignment, 2 leagues who never played against each other in the regular season, and the DH would be deader than Dad's hat band...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I've always thought the leagues/divisions should be realigned...

AL Northeast

Yankees

Mets

Red Sox

Phillies

Pirates

AL Atlantic

Orioles

Nats

Braves

Rays

Marlins

AL Midwest

Reds

Indians

Tigers

Blue Jays

Brewers

NL Midwest

Cubs 

White Sox

Twins

Cards

Royals

NL West

Astros

Rangers

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Mariners

NL California

Giants

Dodgers

As

Angels

Padres

Try to preserve some in state rivalries, along with traditional rivalries here...

I like it. Mariners get screwed lol... Cali and Midwest have super short flights.

Crazy a 1/6th of the MLB is in California.  

6 teams on the west coast. 7 on the East Coast. 17 in the middle. 

Another week of no progress and I see both sides of the proverbial coin. Players want the deal they signed honored and owners say unprecedented times require concessions. No matter what MLB continues to look bad in the optics department. Every other sport is either up and running or making plans to start again. Arguing about pennies on the dollar in public will cause how many fans this time??

It also particularly sucks for minor leaguers. Baseball isn’t like the other sports.  Development is so huge.  There’s so many aspects of your game that need to be developed.  To lose a year of development is brutal. Not only is there no way to duplicate the amount of development but you will then have to get back into synch.  

I hope the year off doesn’t count against things like the Rule 5 draft and such.  I’d prefer us to just be in a pause.   

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just wish they would come to an agreement or just agree to disagree and move on. Not sure if any of my Cub brethren saw it Rizzo has been spending his corona time wisely. Down 25 lbs. Looks really fit finally. 

Rizzo.jpg

Where's the tats?  Don't tell me he has a "tramp stamp!"

37 minutes ago, rico said:

As article says. When guys like Scherzer talk you know it's really bad. We all love baseball or we wouldn't post about it but I'm starting to get really upset with all of them. Getting to the point where they should probably just cancel the darn season and start up next year. Even if they start up the actions of both sides this past 6 weeks will all be remember at the end of 2021 season when CBA is up I believe.

I love the Cubs and MLB.  I really haven't followed the drama involved with the '20 season very closely.  I don't think there is much of a chance that even a limited schedule and postseason will work with the pandemic.   I'm hoping '21 will see MLB back, but I see problems there, too.  I guess I'll just have to settle for continuous reruns of game 7 of the 2016 WS!

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

I love the Cubs and MLB.  I really haven't followed the drama involved with the '20 season very closely.  I don't think there is much of a chance that even a limited schedule and postseason will work with the pandemic.   I'm hoping '21 will see MLB back, but I see problems there, too.  I guess I'll just have to settle for continuous reruns of game 7 of the 2016 WS!

The problem is that if the season is cancelled that MLB will lose the "casual fan" yet again.  I would also say that plenty of hardcore fans will take a while to come around to baseball as well.  The fans, as usual, are taken for granted.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Seeking6 said:

Just wish they would come to an agreement or just agree to disagree and move on. Not sure if any of my Cub brethren saw it Rizzo has been spending his corona time wisely. Down 25 lbs. Looks really fit finally. 

Rizzo.jpg

Please don't ever post a photo of a shirtless Kris Bryant.  My wife would start hanging around here.

4 hours ago, slojoe said:

Good thing Cubs fans have 2016.  Those reruns of 1908 are kind of hard to find.  :coffee:

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Good thing Cubs fans have 2016.  Those reruns of 1908 are kind of hard to find.  :coffee:

It's funny...my best friend's Grandma just died. She was 104. Her obituary said she was one of the few who can say they were actually alive the last time we won the WS. Haha

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Sosa/McGuire documentary on tonight. Not sure if I'll be tuning in or not. Lived it every day that summer. Hard to believe it's been 2 decades plus. 

I'll DVR it, and eventually watch it, but if detect one iota of sympathy for the dopers, I'll shut it off...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'll DVR it, and eventually watch it, but if detect one iota of sympathy for the dopers, I'll shut it off...

Speaking of dope.  Does anybody have a dime bag they can spare?  

Edit:  Sorry, wrong thread.

Archived