Gator Bowl - Game thread

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bobtcat2 said:

Well honestly- when you don't call a timeout there, there isn't much you can say- a microcosm of a terrible half.  How on earth can the coaches not realize they have a timeout left?  Christ. 

Because they wanted Ramsey to get up and spike it and save the TO in case anything bad happened on the next play.  Can't afford to not get 3 there.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Because they wanted Ramsey to get up and spike it and save the TO in case anything bad happened on the next play.  Can't afford to not get 3 there.

A coach has to see the team wasn’t getting over the ball and ready to take the snap and was disorganized..coach got caught just as unprepared as qb.

Just now, dgambill said:

A coach has to see the team wasn’t getting over the ball and ready to take the snap and was disorganized..coach got caught just as unprepared as qb.

Even with 8 seconds left, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want to run a play with no timeouts left.  Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but could have been part of it.  With the way we've been blocking, can't afford a sack and going into the half with no points.

Just now, IU Scott said:

In the second half we need to keep more in for pass protection because they are bringing more than we can block.  Also seeing this game and others the big difference between us and being  a better program is the front on both sides of the ball.

I'd like to see Ramsey get the ball out quicker.  I think that is the biggest difference between him and Penix.  Teams can't get a pass rush on Penix because he's decisive and the ball comes out quick.  Ramsey is a lot more indecisive and gives guys more time to rush.

Archived