Penn State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MPM said:

Lol I thought no need to state the obvious.

List of positives:

We scored more points against PSU than our football team did.

We had more field goals than we did turnovers...by 1.

We have had 2 loses this year by more than this.

The game was late, so hopefully a lot of people were asleep by the time the 2nd half started.

We held PSU under 16 steals.

Damezi Anderson didn't break a backboard with his 3s.

This team needs a plan in recruiting.  We need a big time 2-3 who you can just go and get you a bucket. Damon Bailey isn’t walking through that door, but we need somebody on the wing that can just go and get you a bucket every which way, post ups, slashing, free throws, shooting.  Can’t wait for Mohammed.  Need a grad transfer or juco.  Need to be aggressive about this.  

I have to say i was beyond being way off tonight, but at the same tine can't say I didn't see this as possible.Bottom fell out after a first half that offered a bit of hope, to go with overall disappointment.

IU had opportunities and didn't take advantage. They finally started clicking, and when TJD started to struggle nobody else stepped it up.Good thing Penn State didn't shoot as well as Maryland did.

I'm not giving up on this team.Failure to sustain offense is correctable.

In fairness, Miller didn't have his entire bench which created some match up issues with quickness down low as well.Depth was not there..CAM can only teach so much.

They play the game .I'm not going to rag Miller.When they did what he wanted I saw enough to like.Inconsistent even then, but there was ample good to point to early. .It was just in far less proportion later, than what any of us want to see.Snowballed a little and PSU was mature and more mobile.They took advantage.Sucks but putting this game and life in proper perspective.It doesn't mean they can't nor won't improve.It just means some old habits are dying too hard to do the team good.

Go Hoosers!! 

12 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Sick. 

I watched this video 

with Kobe talking about his back killing him before a game in Toronto when Vince Carter was at his height. People were talking about Kobe taking the game off and ducking Vince, Kobe said there were times to take off and rest and get his back right. That game night wasn't one of them. When I hear stories like that, and then hear that lil' Jerome couldn't play because he had the sniffles, it makes me want to puke. )

If that's how winner win, then we have ZERO winners on this team. Can you imagine a guy with Kobe's drive on IU's team. Does Devonte see the floor.

This team is weak and soft. I was wrong about them turning the corner. The entire roster and Archie are pathetic. They have to prove me wrong now from this point forward. Otherwise, I wish they'd just leave. Nothing but a disgrace at this point with ZERO PRIDE in the name on the front of the uniform. 

As far as officiating goes, I swear there were 3-4 times where PSU shuffled their feet with no call, unless IU got called for a ticky tack and one.  In other games guys get called for traveling if the draft in the arena causes their feet to move a micron. Not a factor in the game because we were clobbered and embarrassed, but the officiating should strive to be more consistent and call what they see not what they anticipate.  This particular crew had a trend of not calling something based on a subjective reading that no advantage was lost. Davis would get hacked and they wouldn’t call it if he kept the ball.  Call the game according to the rules, idiots.  

22 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

At one point in the game, they showed a sheet of our scoring droughts throughout the year and at the bottom, it said we had FOUR 4:00 scoring droughts tonight.  You're not going to win ANY games going 16:00 of a game (almost one complete half) without scoring the basketball.  Couldn't make a basket all night and the refs were atrocious.  I'm not saying the refs were the cause of us losing the game, but they were really bad.  I've seen high school crews that were better.

One thing about the refs part of it.  No, there not the reason of our bad play but CAM will continue to get abused by Big10 referees if he doesn’t start to stand up for himself.  Whose scared of a coach that says “Please excuse me Sir, did you call that as a blocking foul?”  “Oh, okay I thought our guy had position but thanks for clarifying and have a nice day Sir!” I mean the guy got a tech after watching his team play the worst 20 min of his career and all he could do was act like a...  That was a time to show not only the refs but his players HE HAD ENOUGH!  

3 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I watched this video 

with Kobe talking about his back killing him before a game in Toronto when Vince Carter was at his height. People were talking about Kobe taking the game off and ducking Vince, Kobe said there were times to take off and rest and get his back right. That game night wasn't one of them. When I hear stories like that, and then hear that lil' Jerome couldn't play because he had the sniffles, it makes me want to puke. )

If that's how winner win, then we have ZERO winners on this team. Can you imagine a guy with Kobe's drive on IU's team. Does Devonte see the floor.

This team is weak and soft. I was wrong about them turning the corner. The entire roster and Archie are pathetic. They have to prove me wrong now from this point forward. Otherwise, I wish they'd just leave. Nothing but a disgrace at this point with ZERO PRIDE in the name on the front of the uniform. 

Yeah nobody has Kobe mindset except maybe Jordan. 

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

As far as officiating goes, I swear there were 3-4 times where PSU shuffled their feet with no call, unless IU got called for a ticky tack and one.  In other games guys get called for traveling if the draft in the arena causes their feet to move a micron. Not a factor in the game because we were clobbered and embarrassed, but the officiating should strive to be more consistent and call what they see not what they anticipate.  This particular crew had a trend of not calling something based on a subjective reading that no advantage was lost. Davis would get hacked and they wouldn’t call it if he kept the ball.  Call the game according to the rules, idiots.  

Will NEVER happen until CAM lets these Big10 refs know whose boss!  IT’S TIME to show something!!!

And maybe someone can explain to me. I love most of our social media. I really do....but Chronic, IndianaHQ, and a few others almost act like they have to post the positives. Really trying hard how any legit IU hoops fan can see a positive from this game. Doesn't mean we won't bounce back Saturday and everything will be rainbows and unicorns again but seriously.....playing some of these guys in sets or tandems or whatever folks want to call them....just pathetic. Scary part is I'm usually the voice of optimism with my crew. Right now....I got nada.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And maybe someone can explain to me. I love most of our social media. I really do....but Chronic, IndianaHQ, and a few others almost act like they have to post the positives. Really trying hard how any legit IU hoops fan can see a positive from this game. Doesn't mean we won't bounce back Saturday and everything will be rainbows and unicorns again but seriously.....playing some of these guys in sets or tandems or whatever folks want to call them....just pathetic. Scary part is I'm usually the voice of optimism with my crew. Right now....I got nada.

With the way the team has played the last two seasons, it’s pretty much always going to be the sunshine pumpers vs. the Chicken Littles... There’s really no in-between when we get these wild swings in performance from game to game and even half to half. 

8 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I watched this video 

If Jerome is seriously ill, then it is best if he doesn't play. Not only for his own health but for the other players on the court. Announcers said he was puking before the game. IU should be able to win without their 6th/7th man. The guys with Kobe's drive also go straight to the pros or to a team that produces more one and dones than IU. Kinda wack to attack Hunter like that imo, especially if you don't know the extent of his illness. At the end of the day it is just a collegiate regular season game....

1 minute ago, DireBump said:

If Jerome is seriously ill, then it is best if he doesn't play. Not only for his own health but for the other players on the court. Announcers said he was puking before the game. IU should be able to win without their 6th/7th man. The guys with Kobe's drive also go straight to the pros or to a team that produces more one and dones than IU. Kinda wack to attack Hunter like that imo, especially if you don't know the extent of his illness. At the end of the day it is just a collegiate regular season game....

A guy like Kobe would have played. And not just him. Guys like Odle or Lewis or Fife or Coverdale or or Moye or Hulls would have played. Why doesn’t IU have a Jared Odle type player?

And who the hell handles the Martha the Mop Lady twitter account? Talk about both sides. Says one thing on Sunday....says another later Sunday night. Says one thing tonight and lectures people why Sunday was so important? I truly hope whomever handles that account checks in here....handle your stuff better is all I'll say. Or at the very least a little more consistent. Martha the Mop Lady.....haha. 

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Truly mind boggling stat. Hard to comprehend how bad that was.  

I love Rob don’t get me wrong but I can’t even fathom a homegrown 4 star talent playing 25 min with ZERO PTS?  Is he playing through something?  Maybe, JUST maybe we’re putting too much emphasis on homegrown talent?  I’m tired of watching a way less known team with players that I wish we had and there all 3 stars or less.  Start recruiting HEART and not worry so much about stars next to their name.  Rob will make us all proud but tonight I can’t respect his performance.  PATHETIC

18 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I watched this video 

Attacking Hunter for not playing sick is just ridiculous. It’s sad that you think this kind of, fill in the blank, is ok to post. 

This team just isn’t talented enough. Jackson-Davis and Phinisee are first rate players and Hunter is trending that way. Brunk is solid.  But, overall, this team can’t out-talent you.  We need to be smarter, tougher, and play harder than the other guys.  We got none of that today.  We are normally not good enough to overcome that.  

The last play of the first half portended where this was headed. We were up 28-26 and PSU put up a low percentage shot.  With time running out, Durham was lazy and soft and the PSU guy outhustled him to the board and got a put back over Durham’s matador defense.  I’d pay money to watch Knight go over that tape with Durham. The kid is an upperclassman and limited athletically.  He can’t be one of these guys that can just show up.  He’s gotta be the guy who outsmarts and outworks the other guy.  Instead, the unathletic guy gets outsmarted and outhustled.  

If Durham has a decent game next time, he might be happy but that’s not good enough for an upperclassman. At Indiana, basketball is a big deal and we want to see consistency. 

As for Phinisee he’s too good for this.  He needs to go alpha and just take control as the floor general.  He was way too happy go lucky today.  Take the reigns.  

22 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I watched this video 

Can you imagine a guy with Kobe's drive on IU's team. Does Devonte see the floor.

Actually. Yes. Because as much as Kobe had the will to win he also never met a shot he didn’t like and neither does Devonte so Kobe would probably love the no fear and confidence Devonte shows in his terrible shots. 

Archived