Ohio State Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I have said it before but man offense in college basketball today is horrible.  I don't know what idiot thought the best offense is to think dribbling is better than moving the ball by passing.  Who would think that having two or three guys standing around and watching two guys do the pick and roll is a good thing.  You need to spread the floor out and move and cut with off the ball screens.  People say feed it in the post but you need to bring the post guy off a screen to the ball side instead of just trying to post him up and passing it in to him.  Our guys if they get the ball in the post is to far away from the basket so they have to try to dribble and back their guys to the basket.  Also I just don't see players who are confident that can just step in and shoot the ball confidentially.

Like I said I watched the IU and Auburn game from the 87 tournament and at half the score was 53-48 which is a final score n some games today.  What I took from watching that game was hat the coaches actually let the players have freedom and they did not appear to lack confidence when shooting..  I did not see one ball screen in that game and both teams used motion offenses and the players were just ready to shoot the ball when they got open.  They did not hesitate to shoot and most of the time it was within the first 15 seconds of the possessions.  I just wish todays coaches would realize that the offense that they are running today is just not an efficient offense and is very boring to watch.

Archived