Ohio State post-game thread

Reacher

11 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

everyone gets mad at me for doubting Jerome, but we;re awful excited about a 3-8 shooting performance.  

I get your point about his shooting percentage but the way he is beginning  to get in the flow, his shooting form, size/ability to play inside and outside and length has me more excited about his future. I think he will improve this year and really show what he can do next year.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know i come across as anti-Archie, but i'm not sure either way yet.  thing i question is the optimism for next year.  i still say TJD may be gone, but we'll see.  the incoming class seems okay if you have a loaded returning team and need some role players.  however, Leal is the top rated guy at #100 correct?  not likely that we have immediate impact guys.   

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I get your point about his shooting percentage but the way he is beginning  to get in the flow, his shooting form, size/ability to play inside and outside and length has me more excited about his future. I think he will improve this year and really show what he can do next year.

i could see it i guess

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i know i come across as anti-Archie, but i'm not sure either way yet.  thing i question is the optimism for next year.  i still say TJD may be gone, but we'll see.  the incoming class seems okay if you have a loaded returning team and need some role players.  however, Leal is the top rated guy at #100 correct?  not likely that we have immediate impact guys.   

You saw today that TJD is no where near ready to go pro but I guess that has not stopped others from leaving.

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

But did I see hwere IU only had 22 points at the half????

Yes.

OSU had a 16-3 run.

After that, still in the first half, we did not score a basket for the last five minutes until Green hit his half court shot.

TJD did not have a single shot attempt in the first 15 minutes.

We missed a ton of bunnies and did not get many offensive rebounds.

Add  it up and we were lucky to get to 22.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

No Geronimo is 84. On rivals at least.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

You saw today that TJD is no where near ready to go pro but I guess that has not stopped others from leaving.

that's what i'm saying scott.  not that i think he's ready.  just that i think it's possible.  people said Vonleh wasn't ready.  he went.  people said Bryant wasn't ready.  he went.  people said Romeo wasn't ready.  he went.  

that's what i'm saying scott.  not that i think he's ready.  just that i think it's possible.  people said Vonleh wasn't ready.  he went.  people said Bryant wasn't ready.  he went.  people said Romeo wasn't ready.  he went.  

The NBA drafts on potential and I’d bet Dale encourages him to bolt.  Dale wanted him at OSU any ways.

I still don't think he will leave.  Even though you don't see it but I am optimistic when it comes to Hunter because it looks like he is getting comfortable and getting into ta rhythm.  I would hope that RP and Race can finally have an off season without injuries and come into next year ready to go.

yeah.  not sure where to look anymore.  the place i looked had Leal as top guy at 100.  either way.  if we expect #84 to come in and be a big impact, we may be disappointed.  

Only thing good we can expect from him is defense. He actually said he loves to play defense which is kind of rare. 

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

I'll play. On paper, we should be in decent shape. Backcourt that has experience with Rob and Al, AF has shown signs of being solid, and Jerome is also starting to play better and has a ton of potential. Frontcourt, TJD has been terrific in his first year and will likely return, and we'll have experience and depth with Joey, Justin, and Race. Theoretically, all of those backcourt guys should be better shooters next year, but I'm just basing that on another year of experience and work. That's a pretty solid rotation of 8, with a good deal of experience.

It's also going to be interesting to see what happens chemistry-wise. Can Al, Justin, and Joey step into leadership positions? 

Finally, do we really think losing Devonte and DD are going to be that hard to replace? It's certainly not going to be as difficult as replacing Romeo and Juwan.

8 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Has it really? That’s so bad it’s almost amazing. 

10 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

It’s been 2,500+ days since we’ve beat Purdue. Hope next Saturday is the day! Sick and tired of losing to them. 

No it's not true...we last beat Purdue in February of 2016...

He fancies himself an idiot savant...

He's half right...

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think if the team gets stronger in the off season and be able to play through contact better they will be able to hit more of their layups. 

I honestly think TJD was frustrated with what Wesson was getting away with on both ends of the floor...

And it showed in his game...

Archived