2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I said Grigson should have been fired but if his accomplishments gets you fired so should Ballard's because his record is worst. In the end of the day the only thing that matters is your win) loss record. There is no other place a GM would still have his job after 7 years with Ballard's re ord.

I just don't get your love of Ballard because he has been mediocre at best. He is to conservative and us never willing to make a huge move to get the team better.

There isn't moves to make. That's a made-up line by media and probably Rick Venturia to create buzz. 

He drafts well and resigns the players we should.. literally all we need. 

"love for Ballard"= accurate description of how well he's done HE'S part of the equation. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Hate analytics because there is more to sports than just numbers. Sports were a lot more entertaining and fun before computer geeks came along to ruin it.

hate analytics when they prove your myths incorrect, I get it. 

"bottom 4 roster" 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There isn't moves to make. That's a made-up line by media and probably Rick Venturia to create buzz. 

"love for Ballard"= accurate description of how well he's done HE'S part of the equation. 

Well last year instead of standing pat at 4 he should have tried to move up to 1 to get Stroud but was to chicken to try. This year he didn't try hard enough to move up to get one of the top WR

Look at teams who are the best and they have GM's willing to take risk to get the best players. KC moved up to draft Mahomes because they knew he wouldn't be there when they were originally picking 

Buffalo made two trades to move up to draft their franchise QB.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

hate analytics when they prove your myths incorrect, I get it. 

"bottom 4 roster" 

Probably wrong with bottom 4 but it is still mediocre. Still have glaring holes in the secondary that still needs filled.

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess your definition of drafting well is different than mine. I see a lot of draft picks that have been ok but not great players. I don't think Paye is any more than a serviceable rotation DL man. He has a lot of misses in the second round that has hurt the progress of this team. He seems to do better with rounds 5-7 and struggle more with the higher picks. 

Look I hope things turn around and we win big with Ballard as the GM. I just think if he doesn't make the playoffs this year he needs to be fired. 

I just don't see many people with your view point on Ballard because most I hear or read thinks he should have been fired a year or two ago.

1.15: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

2.46: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

3.80: Tarell Basham, Edge, Ohio

4.137: Zach Banner, OT, USC

4.143: Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida

4.144: Grover Stewart, IDL, Albany State

5.158: Nate Hairston, CB, Temple

5.161: Anthony Walker, LB,

Northwestern

That was a bad draft especially picks 2-4. Stewart and Walker were good picks and Mack was good

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, IU Scott said:

I guess your definition of drafting well is different than mine. I see a lot of draft picks that have been ok but not great players. I don't think Paye is any more than a serviceable rotation DL man. He has a lot of misses in the second round that has hurt the progress of this team. He seems to do better with rounds 5-7 and struggle more with the higher picks. 

Look I hope things turn around and we win big with Ballard as the GM. I just think if he doesn't make the playoffs this year he needs to be fired. 

I just don't see many people with your view point on Ballard because most I hear or read thinks he should have been fired a year or two ago.

I just go by the numbers and what my eyes tell me. 

Kwity Paye? Was really good last year. The numbers back that up.  

That's great you listen to those people. You've mentioned that multiple times and it still has no bearing on the graph, those are mouth pieces that need you to listen to them.  

Find me a writer or whatever, that's stated Ballard should be fired. 

Struggles in the 2nd round!?!?!? He's drafted 2 All Pros-- plus Pittman, Braden Smith in the 2nd rd.. hell he got Raimann and Downs in the 3rd rd ... this is why I don't subscribe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My guess is you look at a guy like Paye and all you look at are sack stats and think he doesn’t live up to his draft position.  But if you watch film and know football then you realize Paye influences the game far more than one statistic shows.  Paye is better than a rotational guy.  Would I like a few more sacks from him?  Yes but I thought he was better last year and he’s damn good against the run which is still important for a defensive end despite this idea that they all have to be pass rushers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1.15: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

2.46: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

3.80: Tarell Basham, Edge, Ohio

4.137: Zach Banner, OT, USC

4.143: Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida

4.144: Grover Stewart, IDL, Albany State

5.158: Nate Hairston, CB, Temple

5.161: Anthony Walker, LB,

Northwestern

That was a bad draft especially picks 2-4. Stewart and Walker were good picks and Mack was good

Yep lol you found one below average draft. And still found 4 studs in it.  This would be Grigsons best or 2nd best draft. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

That's great you listen to those people. You've mentioned that multiple times and it still has no bearing on the graph, those are mouth pieces that need you to listen to them.  

Struggles in the 2nd round!?!?!? He's drafted 2 All Pros-- plus Pittman, Braden Smith in the 2nd rd.. hell he got Raimann and Downs in the 3rd rd ... this is why I don't subscribe. 

From 2017 to 2021 there are only 10 draft picks still on the team

To me that is not a good ratio to me

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't say I made my mind up because of those people but they agree with my viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

My guess is you look at a guy like Paye and all you look at are sack stats and think he doesn’t live up to his draft position.  But if you watch film and know football then you realize Paye influences the game far more than one statistic shows.  Paye is better than a rotational guy.  Would I like a few more sacks from him?  Yes but I thought he was better last year and he’s damn good against the run which is still important for a defensive end despite this idea that they all have to be pass rushers.

His QB pressure stats are pretty bad. He does well again at the run but I want a first round pick DE to he more than a good run defender.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From 2017 to 2021 there are only 10 draft picks still on the team

To me that is not a good ratio to me

There is 13 of them, actually.  And I'm willing to bet that's an above average % 

Just now, btownqb said:

Show me them... who stamped their name on "fire Ballard"... hasn't happened 

Radio guys

JMV

Bowen who use to work work for Colts.com

DD

Actually I don't think one local radio guy thinks he should have a job.