2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

The Bengals got a lot of flack for drafting Chase instead of Sewell, but man, that offense is going to be dangerous. Chase is going to be close to leading the league in receiving yards after this week.

They really need to get better on the OL, but that's a lot easier to do than to find a game changing WR.

Yep.  It's the OL that has me still skeptical about the season.  But, yeah, I'm happy with the Chase pick in the draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In Louisville, we don't always get the Bengals because they put the Ravens on every week because of Lamar.  I'm really enjoying my free Sunday Ticket this season.  

Well with the Chiefs demise, I got to see the last 10:00 of the Bengals game.  Entertaining for those minutes.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well with the Chiefs demise, I got to see the last 10:00 of the Bengals game.  Entertaining for those minutes.

We obviously primarily watched the Bengals, but flipped over to the Chiefs/Titans game a lot.  The Chiefs are absolutely lost.  They will not finish with a winning record.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  It's the OL that has me still skeptical about the season.  But, yeah, I'm happy with the Chase pick in the draft.

They're definitely set up well for the future. A good QB and WRs can carry an offense for 8-10 years.  I would imagine the front office knows they have to get better on the OL starting next year. I would guess if they don't go OL heavy in the next draft and/or free agency, there will he a lot of unhappy Bengals fans.

• Like 1

Not sure what you Bears’ fans expected today. The possible GOAT v a rookie quarterback who may or may not be the long term solution. 
Yes, the game was not competitive, but the team has to be built in steps… too much immediate gratification Imo. You are not going to win the Super Bowl this year. 

I am not a Bears’ fan, but the unrealistic expectations of the fans make me chuckle 

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure what you Bears’ fans expected today. The possible GOAT v a rookie quarterback who may or may not be the long term solution. 
Yes, the game was not competitive, but the team has to be built in steps… too much immediate gratification Imo. You are not going to win the Super Bowl this year. 

I am not a Bears’ fan, but the unrealistic expectations of the fans make me chuckle 

Wait...where is there ANY sentence in any thread that has both "Bears" and "Super Bowl" in it?

I don't think it's beyond the pale for Bears fans to at least expect to be competitive...and not to turn it over 5 times...

The way the playoffs are structured, the Bears have a shot...and I don't think that's beyond expectations at all... particularly with their defense...

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wait...where is there ANY sentence in any thread that has both "Bears" and "Super Bowl" in it?

I don't think it's beyond the pale for Bears fans to at least expect to be competitive...and not to turn it over 5 times...

The way the playoffs are structured, the Bears have a shot...and I don't think that's beyond expectations at all... particularly with their defense...

I did not quote you. I am talking to the Bears’ fans in general. Lots of talk here about them, and to me, the conversation tends to lean towards the idea that they should be better than they are. Rarely is a team going to be real successful with a rookie quarterback 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

I did not quote you. I am talking to the Bears’ fans in general. Lots of talk here about them, and to me, the conversation tends to lean towards the idea that they should be better than they are. Rarely is a team going to be real successful with a rookie quarterback 

I understand that, but I am a Bears fan, so I answered...

I honestly do believe this Bears team can get a Wild Card berth...I made mention after the Raiders game that the Bears will have to win like they've always won in my lifetime...just enough offense, great defense, and some contribution from special teams...

The teams they've lost to are a combined 22-6, and they own wins over the 5-2 Bengals and 5-2 Raiders (and the winless Lions, the only team with a losing record they've played)...

Yep, they looked terrible today...but I don't think 10-7 is out of reach for this team...

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

10-7 would be more realistic with Dalton playing.  So, should the Bears play for this year or give Fields the experience for the future.  

Maybe, but I'd keep playing him if his head is right...

I wouldn't want to make a David Carr out of him, and if his confidence starts to fade or he's getting too beat up, then sit him...