2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree with you.  Both teams should get the ball at least once.   At least in the playoffs.  To win on a coin flip in the playoffs is absurd IMO.   

100% both teams should have an opportunity.

The Chiefs were on the other side of what the Bills just went through in OT in the 2018 AFC Championship against the Pats. That was not a fun night.

Feel bad for Bills fans but absolutely thrilled right now. Still can't even believe that just happened.

• Like 3

I think the 49ers did this in regular season but does anyone know if the Bills could have just held or even tackled the Chiefs  (Kelce and Hill) at line of scrimmage at end of regulation final drive? Just take the penalty but get clock to run down?

That final 13 seconds is going to be remembered and referenced in Bills history forever. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

After watching the games this weekend I have come to the conclusion that the Colts are much farther away than I thought. After seeing the Chiefs, Bills Rams score in seconds with elite playmaker, I don't feel the Colts way will get them to the Super Bowl. Need playmaker at WR. 

Maybe the players extra gear is highlighted in playoffs but I always have the same conclusion with my Bears and to some degree the Colts. Watching those 4 teams play yesterday alone shows how much separation there is from the elite to just playoff teams to teams that don't make playoffs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if correct but I heard that Every time the 49ers and Cowboys have met in the playoffs the winner of that game has gone on to win the Super Bowl. The Bengals only 2 SB appearances were against the 9ers. Are we setting up for round 3 9ers vs Bengals 

I don't know but I do know I wouldn't mind a best of 7 series between the Bills and Chiefs?! Feel so bad for the Bills and their fans. Josh Allen especially. Kid is so good.

Memo to Bears. Call Dabol today....pay him whatever and bring Dorsey with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the 49ers did this in regular season but does anyone know if the Bills could have just held or even tackled the Chiefs  (Kelce and Hill) at line of scrimmage at end of regulation final drive? Just take the penalty but get clock to run down?

That final 13 seconds is going to be remembered and referenced in Bills history forever. 

Correct. There is no reason not to bump the s*** out of Kelce and T Hill at the line in that situation. Rush 3, 4 deep, 2 dudes press those two, and the other play some sort of middle zone. The sideline was irrelevant, KC had a TO. Absolute stupidity. 

Even if you commit PI where Kelce caught the ball, that would have forced KC to throw a hail mary on the last play.  

• Like 2

Ok...had to do some homework but I think I found the answer to my earlier question. First link is what 49ers did years ago.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/nfl-49ers-saints-defense-intentional-penalty

This link explains that the NFL closed the loophole...kind of.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/16/nfl-closes-deliberate-penalty-loophole-sort-of/

So if the Bills knew this they could have gotten away with doing it once. Burning 4-5 seconds. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know but I do know I wouldn't mind a best of 7 series between the Bills and Chiefs?! Feel so bad for the Bills and their fans. Josh Allen especially. Kid is so good.

Memo to Bears. Call Dabol today....pay him whatever and bring Dorsey with him. 

I won't trust the Bears to make a smart decision, but this would be maybe a best case scenario. Have Kahn who is more of a cap guy executive VP or whatever, hire a Brown or Poles or someone who specializes with scouting background as GM. Then let them hire the head coach. With McCaskeys/Ted preferably locked out of the room when the interviews take place.

I am getting discouraged with reports that the Bears have Caldwell, Eberflus, and Frazier as "top candidates". They don't need to pull a Pace/Fox by forcing a coach on the GM. Let the GM they hire figure out the "top candidates" to bring in for second interviews. This is where I am hopeful that Polian is talking sense to them and not letting George/Ted do the same stuff they always do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if correct but I heard that Every time the 49ers and Cowboys have met in the playoffs the winner of that game has gone on to win the Super Bowl. The Bengals only 2 SB appearances were against the 9ers. Are we setting up for round 3 9ers vs Bengals 

On the morning show on 1070 they were talking about that but they found in 1970 they played. The Cowboys win but lost in the Super Bowl

• Thanks 1

So, is this going to be the year the Colt finally go for a "big name" QB or stick with Wentz? 

I know in situations like this, you never want to show your hand, but Irsay has stated he will do what ever it takes. Does he finally mean it? Ballard does know how to find talent. Something tells me that Irsay is in his ear and finally willing to spend some money. Thoughts? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

So, is this going to be the year the Colt finally go for a "big name" QB or stick with Wentz? 

I know in situations like this, you never want to show your hand, but Irsay has stated he will do what ever it takes. Does he finally mean it? Ballard does know how to find talent. Something tells me that Irsay is in his ear and finally willing to spend some money. Thoughts? 

Carson Palmer was on with DP this morning and they asked who would you rather have Tannehill or Wentz and Palmer answered in a nanosecond Tannehill. Followed it up with no question Tannehill. 

45 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Who do the Colts go after?