2023 NFL Discussion

rico

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Why not Wilson, Rodgers....? If Irsay said he is willing to do anything to help this team win again, then he needs to put his money where his mouth is and put the best available QB, upgrade option available.

I believe Irsay would pony up the money but that has not been Ballard's MO to this point. Maybe it changes but if I were a gambler I would say 90% chance Wentz is the QB next season

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe Irsay would pony up the money but that has not been Ballard's MO to this point. Maybe it changes but if I were a gambler I would say 90% chance Wentz is the QB next season

....I'm thinking the same thing. We sort of expected Rivers back last year too....so, who knows.

Edited by Artesian_86

Apparently Brady got a boo-boo during the game from Von Miller and wasn't happy about it...poor guy. 

Props to that ref for having the balls to not only throw that flag, but to NOT throw a flag for "roughing the passer" that's happening far too frequently anymore. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Correct. There is no reason not to bump the s*** out of Kelce and T Hill at the line in that situation. Rush 3, 4 deep, 2 dudes press those two, and the other play some sort of middle zone. The sideline was irrelevant, KC had a TO. Absolute stupidity. 

Even if you commit PI where Kelce caught the ball, that would have forced KC to throw a hail mary on the last play.  

Absolutely. 5 yard penalty if you hold across the board. Mug them at the LOS and run the clock down. A lot of mistakes at end of game situations yesterday.

• Like 1

Heard this on radio and think I might actually agree. I don’t like OT rules but they are what they are…someone suggested that maybe after losing the coin flip Bills should have just gone for onside kick. No way KC would be looking for it and even with a short field maybe rhe defense would just basically focus on holding to a fg and not wear down further. Gotta say whomever got the ball was going to win. Not sure what the OT rules should be. Start at 35 and have to go for 2 every time?? I do think college does a pretty good job with it.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Heard this on radio and think I might actually agree. I don’t like OT rules but they are what they are…someone suggested that maybe after losing the coin flip Bills should have just gone for onside kick. No way KC would be looking for it and even with a short field maybe rhe defense would just basically focus on holding to a fg and not wear down further. Gotta say whomever got the ball was going to win. Not sure what the OT rules should be. Start at 35 and have to go for 2 every time?? I do think college does a pretty good job with it.

For OT you should just play another quarter

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

He wasn't my top choice for sure. But he wasn't at the bottom either. If they go with Poles (same initials as Ryan Pace), he is said to really like Dan Quinn. Again, not my top choice, but not my last. Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I would feel about it yet. Lots of information starting to come out, so I'm just trying to filter through it.

Defensive coach with young qb? Maybe they bring in Caldwell to coach up the qb…he obviously has a lot of practice with good qbs.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Defensive coach with young qb? Maybe they bring in Caldwell to coach up the qb…he obviously has a lot of practice with good qbs.

I don't want Caldwell. He is 67 and had to leave last job due to health issues.

I am ok with a defensive head coach as long as he brings a really good offensive coordinator in with him. Bills head coach McDermott was defensive coach, and brought in Daboll.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I don't want Caldwell. He is 67 and had to leave last job due to health issues.

I am ok with a defensive head coach as long as he brings a really good offensive coordinator in with him. Bills head coach McDermott was defensive coach, and brought in Daboll.

What I mean was bring in Caldwell to be the OC. I know he interviewed for the HC job but perhaps they can land him for an Assistant coaching job. He's worked with Peyton as QB coach and HC to 2 SBs...was OC to Flacco in helping Baltimore to another SB...went to Detroit and fixed them giving them some of their best years in recent history and I thought helped Stafford quite a bit. He was hired to work with Flores in Miami but as you said he had health issues. Perhaps pair them back together...I think Fields will need A LOT of help....they need a strong offensive guy in that building...or if the Bears go young HC or first time HC you want a veteran presence on that team to mentor a first time HC. I would be shocked if they do hire Poles and he doesn't bring in Bieniemy. Given his track record with Mahomes and working together....but I'd be very nervous about that as well. It's almost like Belicheck with Reid....it almost seems the offense works because of Reid..and not his assistants. Reid still calls all the plays and while you can learn at the masters feet I'm not sure how that translates to the assistants when it's really his finger prints all over the team. So I guess it will just be interesting if the Bears kind of double down on the KC thing.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So like Soccer....and if it is still tied what is the Shootout??? Best out of 5 from the 2 yard line lol....kind of gimmicky but in all honesty...fans love shootouts lol...hockey and soccer.

No, just play another OT period.  That is how it is now if no one scores in the 1st OT.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

No, just play another OT period.  That is how it is now if no one scores in the 1st OT.

Hell....just bring the place kickers out with field goal units.  Start with 50 yr field goal or whatever and kick until someone misses and the other makes it.  And you have defense rushing as well.

Edited by jv1972iu