2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Anyone else think the Colts are too nice to win?  I mean they should have fired Pagano but he got cancer so how you going to fire that guy.  Frank is a great guy.  I would like him to be an extra grandfather to my kids.  Jim seems to genuinely care about people, which really is great.  But you have to hire some dudes that are going to break heads.  Didn't he just tweet about now knowing how to win?  What the heck was that?  If they don't get the best guy available, like they never do, they will be good, not great, like most always.  And that has not gotten them in the playoffs quite a bit here lately.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

Really puzzled by Eric Bieniemy not getting any looks so it has to be one of the following things.

1) He has private agreement to be KC coach when Reid hangs it up and he's content in waiting

2) Or it's all Andy Reid at KC and Matt Nagy showed that by his failures at Chicago.

Just seems weird to me that even Bears new GM (from KC) wouldn't even talk to him about the head coaching job. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really puzzled by Eric Bieniemy not getting any looks so it has to be one of the following things.

1) He has private agreement to be KC coach when Reid hangs it up and he's content in waiting

2) Or it's all Andy Reid at KC and Matt Nagy showed that by his failures at Chicago.

Just seems weird to me that even Bears new GM (from KC) wouldn't even talk to him about the head coaching job. 

Bieniemy has a lot of baggage as well, with all the went down at Colorado with him.

Also, he doesn't call the plays I believe, combined with what happened with Nagy and I think it scares teams.

Have read he doesn't interview particularly well also...obviously, I'm not in the room so I take that one with a little grain of salt.

Poles having no interest in interviewing him is very telling though.

• Like 2

Apparently, Polian was not happy he got shut out of final interviews for Bears head coach search. I applaud the Bears for finally getting out of their own way and letting their new GM/football guy make the call. Good or bad, the GM needs to make the decision on head coach.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/bill-polian-was-not-happy-ryan-poles-cut-him-out-of-coaching-decision/

It sounds like Raiders want to hire McDaniels. If true, I would expect Harbaugh to sign that deal with UM any day now. Reports were he was interested in Bears/Raiders but wanted a Gruden deal...10 years/100 million dollars. Neither organization was willing to do that...especially after what went down with Gruden with Vegas.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know enough about the situation/guy but I'm just sick of the media playing the race card with him all the time. Literally everyone else in that organization has been promoted and moved on and he is still left standing....and many could have taken him with them....I mean they have a young "Mahomes-like" qb in Chicago. If Bieniemy had anything to do with the success of that offense he would have been hired years ago. Obviously no one is going to come out and publicly say he is just a clipboard holder or he doesn't communicate well etc and that is absolutely fine...no reason to run the guy down...but move on already!! The guy clearly is not a HC candidate...there are lot's of other minority coaches we can focus on.

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

It sounds like Raiders want to hire McDaniels. If true, I would expect Harbaugh to sign that deal with UM any day now. Reports were he was interested in Bears/Raiders but wanted a Gruden deal...10 years/100 million dollars. Neither organization was willing to do that...especially after what went down with Gruden with Vegas.

McDaniels would have to be crazy to take that job honestly. Mahomes, Herbert, and very possibly Rodgers...I mean I think Carr is a solid qb but I wouldn't trust that organization to be stable and to have long term success....I mean if he passed on the Colts a couple years ago with what we were bringing I can't imagine LV would be an upgrade for a job.

I don't think Harbaugh is contemplating LV either...just trying to leverage it into a new contract given how thin the ice was at Michigan before this year.

Just now, dgambill said:

McDaniels would have to be crazy to take that job honestly. Mahomes, Herbert, and very possibly Rodgers...I mean I think Carr is a solid qb but I wouldn't trust that organization to be stable and to have long term success....I mean if he passed on the Colts a couple years ago with what we were bringing I can't imagine LV would be an upgrade for a job.

I don't think Harbaugh is contemplating LV either...just trying to leverage it into a new contract given how thin the ice was at Michigan before this year.

My best guess is Vegas will throw a bunch of money at McDaniels. It was telling that he was not mentioned with any other head coaching positions. I almost wonder if he is semi-blackballed by most of the owners in the league. He might have burned most bridges after what he did to the Colts. If he doesn't take it (if offered) I almost wonder if he will have to wait out Bellichick retiring in New England.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My best guess is Vegas will throw a bunch of money at McDaniels. It was telling that he was not mentioned with any other head coaching positions. I almost wonder if he is semi-blackballed by most of the owners in the league. He might have burned most bridges after what he did to the Colts. If he doesn't take it (if offered) I almost wonder if he will have to wait out Bellichick retiring in New England.

He has one last shot imo....he better choose wisely. Carr isn't Brady and Davis isn't Kraft....also the AFC West isn't the AFC East right of the past couple decades. He needs to make it happen at his next stop...so having a good young qb, winnable division, and good owner would be what I'd target if I was him....gotta say Indy was a good spot and he blew that though.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

For my Bears brethren or any other coaches out there. If Eberflus brings the 4-3 back to Chicago. That means Quinn and more than likely Mack on the ends right? I don't think Roquan is a true MLB so that means we have to either find one or move him there?

Talking out loud comment. If we have the pressure on the outside in 4-3 that means we'll be lining up in a base nickel some or most of the time with our personnel ala 4-2-5? Pushing the pressure to the middle? If that's the goal of the 4-3 we'll need to draft or find a MLB and Charvarius Ward who is a free agent would look good opposite of Jaylon.

Trying to think the D side of the ball first. Will figure out offense once we get our OC/QB Coach hired.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For my Bears brethren or any other coaches out there. If Eberflus brings the 4-3 back to Chicago. That means Quinn and more than likely Mack on the ends right? I don't think Roquan is a true MLB so that means we have to either find one or move him there?

Talking out loud comment. If we have the pressure on the outside in 4-3 that means we'll be lining up in a base nickel some or most of the time with our personnel ala 4-2-5? Pushing the pressure to the middle? If that's the goal of the 4-3 we'll need to draft or find a MLB and Charvarius Ward who is a free agent would look good opposite of Jaylon.

Trying to think the D side of the ball first. Will figure out offense once we get our OC/QB Coach hired.

Quinn I would think would prefer a 4-3. I actually think Mack might have played  in a 4-3 for the Raiders...but not sure if he will constantly be able to take the pounding of lining up with his hands in the dirt all game at the DE at 30 and coming off injury. I am curious with where Mack will line up. Jaylon should be fine. Hopefully Eberflus can light a fire under Jackson. Roquan might have to be MLB unless Bears pick up free agent.

• Like 1