2023 NFL Discussion

rico

I was listening to the morning show today and they made some great points that go along with my thoughts about the Colts. I feel that the best players on the Colts are in some of the least important positions in the current NFL. This team would have been great in the last 80's and most of the 90's. Who are the best 5 players on the Colts?

Taylor

Nelson

Leonard

Buckner

Ryan?

The past 4 teams playing in the Super Bowl who are their top 5 players. Each QB is either 1 or 2, each have at least 1 WR none have a RB in the top 5 maybe Mixon for the Bengals, none have a Guard as a top 5. Each have at least 1 DE. I think the Colts have a lot of very good players but their stars are just not in the right positions to be great IMO,

I am hoping this will be a team in which the team is just so solid in many positions that it leads to success but I just dont see this as a deep Playoff team. I so want to be wrong. Playing the 6th easiest schedule will help get them into the playoffs but after that...

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was listening to the morning show today and they made some great points that go along with my thoughts about the Colts. I feel that the best players on the Colts are in some of the least important positions in the current NFL. This team would have been great in the last 80's and most of the 90's. Who are the best 5 players on the Colts?

Taylor

Nelson

Leonard

Buckner

Ryan?

The past 4 teams playing in the Super Bowl who are their top 5 players. Each QB is either 1 or 2, each have at least 1 WR none have a RB in the top 5 maybe Mixon for the Bengals, none have a Guard as a top 5. Each have at least 1 DE. I think the Colts have a lot of very good players but their stars are just not in the right positions to be great IMO,

I am hoping this will be a team in which the team is just so solid in many positions that it leads to success but I just dont see this as a deep Playoff team. I so want to be wrong. Playing the 6th easiest schedule will help get them into the playoffs but after that...

Don't let the "talking heads" skew your fandom!  LOL

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the Colts still need a reliable veteran WR and I hope that its TY, this deal for Julio Jones leave TY as the best available option. I feel there is still something left in his tank and we need another sure handed option. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34298442/julio-jones-signing-deal-tampa-bay-buccaneers-source-says

OBJ,?

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't want to get greedy for the Colts fans on here but I think his ceiling is even higher if healthy. I'm coming around on Matt Ryan. Really think he's got a lot left in the tank.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/indiana/sports/colts-ryan-embraces-role-as-indys-newest-leader/article_ed5b6cd0-0e09-11ed-b2ce-4b82bc94b659.html

• Like 1