2023 NFL Discussion

rico

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

I thought... reasonably speaking, it was fine. 

I don't really know why you wouldn't like 2nd teamers executing. Woods looked good, same with Pierce, and Granson. 

Heck Ogletree looked good as well. There's literally nothing to say about preseason football, other than, defenses are always way ahead. Its like that at every level of football. 

I’m happy for second teamers…happy that the TEs looked good…but not happy our first team struggled with Buffalos 2nd unit defense. Most of those guys that played later won’t make a team or will be practice squad at best…so hard to say how promising it is. I’ll be looking for our offensive starters to be a little sharper out the gate next week. Tired of starting the season in a hole…how many years in a row now have we lost the season opener??

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m happy for second teamers…happy that the TEs looked good…but not happy our first team struggled with Buffalos 2nd unit defense. Most of those guys that played later won’t make a team or will be practice squad at best…so hard to say how promising it is. I’ll be looking for our offensive starters to be a little sharper out the gate next week. Tired of starting the season in a hole…how many years in a row now have we lost the season opener??

Starters won't be playing next week.  They are having the Lions in for the week for joint practices so they are using that to watch the starters

• Thanks 1

Aaron Rodgers is missing Davante.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34409278/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-frustrated-drops-inconsistency-young-receivers

"The young guys, especially young receivers, we've got to be way more consistent," Rodgers said. "A lot of drops, a lot of bad route decisions, running the wrong route. We've got to get better in that area."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Aaron Rodgers is missing Davante.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34409278/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-frustrated-drops-inconsistency-young-receivers

"The young guys, especially young receivers, we've got to be way more consistent," Rodgers said. "A lot of drops, a lot of bad route decisions, running the wrong route. We've got to get better in that area."

Well maybe he shouldn’t have asked for that huge contract that left them nothing to keep Adams with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess, I don't understand the issue with a top 5 player in the league holding rookies/young players accountable? I mean, this is a job and apparently they aren't holding up their end of the bargain. 

Is he playing poker with the media or setting up everyone with built in excuses?  Or is it veiled accountability?  His history suggest whining. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is he playing poker with the media or setting up everyone with built in excuses?  Or is it veiled accountability?  His history suggest whining. 

I don't know a lot about any of that, but if I am throwing the ball... and you drop the ball..... we have BIG issues. 

• Like 1

My thing with Rodgers is that he always seems to be pointing the finger. He's always blaming someone else publicly.

The great QB's like Brady, Manning, Mahomes, Brees, etc., etc., don't do that for the most part. Those guys might get into some faces on the sideline at times, and they certainly push teammates, but once they get in front of the camera's they don't typically blame teammates or call them out. 

I feel like Rodgers is constantly doing that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

good to hear. Weird you can improve during camp 

It’s great to see. We need the improvement. Just be happy to see it translate to Sundays. Been awhile since we’ve seen a dynamic offense here in Indy. Feels like Irsay jinxed the team when he took that veiled shot at Peyton on his way out about not needing Star Wars numbers to win championships. I’m not expecting a top 10 passing game but if we are top half of the league in production from our receiving corp lll be thrilled! Rivers wasn’t too bad smashed in between two awful years…gotta go back to Luck and company to see a top 10 passing game.

Not sure there is a place to put this but a youth coach of 9 year olds is shot and killed by the brother of Aqib Talib over the score. Who brings a gun to a youth football game. I am surprised that anyone wants to be a ref or a coach to try and help kids anymore. Sad sad world to say the least. Appears that Aqib started the whole incident. You have a Super Bowl ring and you are fighter an opposing coach at a youth football game. Long history of gun issues with the brothers. Money and fame cannot make a Tiger change his stripes in this situation.  I cannot imagine what those kids are going through. 

• Sad 3