2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Justin Jefferson is the best WR.  If had Aaron Rodgers throwing to him the last two years, his numbers would be staggering.

Or he'd get tripled like Adams...

I think he's #2. 

Could pass Adams this year. He's friggin awesome. I think Kirk Cousins is underrated. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

The magnificent 7….Chase, Jefferson, Adams, Kupp, Diggs, Deebo, and Hill. Those are some pretty special guys right there. You have any of them and you have someone the defense absolutely is working overtime to game plan against.

We will see about T Hill. Mr Kelce and Mr Mahomes had quite a bit to do with his success. 

Now... Waddle will probably do for T Hill, what Kelce did, but still Mahomes to Tua. Who knows 🤷‍♂️

But, 100% agree those 7 are studs. I would probably just go ahead and include Kelce haha

Edited by btownqb

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

We will see about T Hill. Mr Kelce and Mr Mahomes had quite a bit to do with his success. 

Now... Waddle will probably do for T Hill, what Kelce did, but still Mahomes to Tua. Who knows 🤷‍♂️

But, 100% agree those 7 are studs. I would probably just go ahead and include Kelce haha

Well I was just mentioning wr…there are 7 in a class of their own. Hill certainly has something to prove in a new offense but I think he will see plenty of balls just more underneath and run after the catch. Certainly we could see someone drop out or jump up but that is where we are right now.

Kelce is a monster class of his own. TE has only a couple tier 1 guys. Man-drew in Baltimore and Kelce. Hard to tell if Pitts and Kittle with their current qbs can match that level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Or it just means Harbaugh/Ozzie are so much better at drafting depth their players are consistently better than other teams backups?? Unreal for sure.

Harbaugh strikes me as the type that would play his guys a little longer than necessary just to get a record….I seem to remember some meaningless streaks he was willing to continue to push for even after the game was decided.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Great synopsis of Colts training camp from a great football mind

https://theathletic.com/3496770/2022/08/11/rick-venturi-colts-training-camp/?amp=1

When I actually turned into Indy radio years ago Rick was a must listen. I always felt like he was the a football version of what Steve Stone does in baseball. I always picked up 3-4 things to watch for in games and 90% of the time he was just spot on. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jets starting QB Zach Wilson injured his knee tonight.  Question is whether that will make them better or worse. 

Hate to see a young developing QB get hurt even if he banged his mom's best friend.  Hopefully it's a short term thing.  Both the injury and the relationship.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Haha 1

Noticed several of the Giants writers/guys on twitter are all very impressed with Micah McFadden so far. Saw a clip of him and the kid didn't look out of place once. Made the plays asked of him, filled the holes, made tackles.....Giants maybe got a steal in 5th round. 

PS...Romeo Doubs gang. For those that don't know about him. 15 routes last night. 7 targets. Speaking of Packers. Some positive news about Caleb Jones....scroll down in article but with all the injuries Packers have on line Caleb is trending towards making roster. Really pulling for the kid. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34384194/nfl-training-camp-updates-2022-buffalo-bills-leave-dorm-life-teams-make-final-preparations-ahead-full-preseason-slate?platform=amp

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Noticed several of the Giants writers/guys on twitter are all very impressed with Micah McFadden so far. Saw a clip of him and the kid didn't look out of place once. Made the plays asked of him, filled the holes, made tackles.....Giants maybe got a steal in 5th round. 

PS...Romeo Doubs gang. For those that don't know about him. 15 routes last night. 7 targets. Speaking of Packers. Some positive news about Caleb Jones....scroll down in article but with all the injuries Packers have on line Caleb is trending towards making roster. Really pulling for the kid. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34384194/nfl-training-camp-updates-2022-buffalo-bills-leave-dorm-life-teams-make-final-preparations-ahead-full-preseason-slate?platform=amp

Shhhhh......Doubs is a secret.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I just remember going to the PSU-IU game last year and in-person McFadden just popped off the field. He seemed bigger and faster than anyone on the field, and that's against a program like PSU where there are other pros on the field. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I just remember going to the PSU-IU game last year and in-person McFadden just popped off the field. He seemed bigger and faster than anyone on the field, and that's against a program like PSU where there are other pros on the field. 

I was at the Cincinnati game and it totally changed when McFadden was ejected on a total BS call.  IU went from being in total control to being totally lost after that.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was at the Cincinnati game and it totally changed when McFadden was ejected on a total BS call.  IU went from being in total control to being totally lost after that.   

When MM was on the field that game... Cinci was like 30 plays 35 yards or something like that. 

• Like 3