2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just some general comments across the league because I have nothing left for my Bears.

1) Jets Defense on last play is a fireable offense. Nobody should ever be allowed to get behind you nor should they be in single coverage vs a 4.2 guy

2) No Clue what the Eagles do with 4 year $128M problem they have as as their starting qb 

3) Couldn't believe which version of the Titans showed up after manhandling the Colts 7 days before.

4) Kudos to Giants staff/players. Great win and never gave up on season. 

5) Bill Belichick vs rookie QB's. Safest bet in sports. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just some general comments across the league because I have nothing left for my Bears.

1) Jets Defense on last play is a fireable offense. Nobody should ever be allowed to get behind you nor should they be in single coverage vs a 4.2 guy

2) No Clue what the Eagles do with 4 year $128M problem they have as as their starting qb 

3) Couldn't believe which version of the Titans showed up after manhandling the Colts 7 days before.

4) Kudos to Giants staff/players. Great win and never gave up on season. 

5) Bill Belichick vs rookie QB's. Safest bet in sports. 

Wait. What?  No comment on the Koala Bears?

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Wait. What?  No comment on the Koala Bears?

See my post from last week. Rinse wash repeat. 7 play 96 yard drive in 2 minutes to a guy down his best WR and RB. We throw when supposed to run and vice versa in final 2 minutes. Robinson doesn't get the extra yard for 1st down.....could go on and on what I witnessed in final 4:33

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Mitch = 1st round bust

Foles = wasted money

Bears = dumpster fire

And just think. Especially with Deshaun coming to town this week....if we just make the easiest decision of all time in drafts (except for Peyton over Leaf) we never need to worry about the last 2 things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Mitch = 1st round bust

Foles = wasted money

Bears = dumpster fire

Those two examples are why you don't just draft a QB because you need one. Also you need to be careful when hiring an assistant coach with no HC experience because it usually back fires.  Look at the Bengals who hired a guy I had never heard of because he was a young hot shot assistant,

Last night on Sports Center they showed 3 other times that Gregg Williams in this same exact situation blitz.  Those 3 times they got pressure on the QB and the QB couldn't get the ball into the end zone and they won.  Saying that I think it was a stupid call because you need to protect the end zone.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Those two examples are why you don't just draft a QB because you need one. Also you need to be careful when hiring an assistant coach with no HC experience because it usually back fires.  Look at the Bengals who hired a guy I had never heard of because he was a young hot shot assistant,

Scott, quit walking around the house with your GM hat on.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Last night on Sports Center they showed 3 other times that Gregg Williams in this same exact situation blitz.  Those 3 times they got pressure on the QB and the QB couldn't get the ball into the end zone and they won.  Saying that I think it was a stupid call because you need to protect the end zone.

are you sure it was the same situation. The reason I ask. Greeny showed a stat this morning that in 251 times that the ball was outside the 40 with less than 15 seconds with throws to the endzone ZERO times have the defense brought 6 and yesterday they brought 7 and delayed the middle line backer. The only way it even works is if the linebacker goes immediately. The also got beat on the play before but Carr overthrew the open receiver in the endzone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

are you sure it was the same situation. The reason I ask. Greeny showed a stat this morning that in 251 times that the ball was outside the 40 with less than 15 seconds with throws to the endzone ZERO times have the defense brought 6 and yesterday they brought 7 and delayed the middle line backer. The only way it even works is if the linebacker goes immediately. The also got beat on the play before but Carr overthrew the open receiver in the endzone

That's what I'd like to know as well. In the history of football I can't remember that scenario with a very close exception when Denver allowed Ravens receiver to get behind him in playoff game.