2023 NFL Discussion

rico

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And so is Josh Allen. Perfect qb for that town and he's already reaching legendary status. Speaking of last night's game and recent one's.....something is up with Steelers. Not sure what it is but that offense which was cruising just looks pedestrian. So many drops. 

Could Cleveland be a division champion?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Where does the Kenny Moore interception rank for you ? I will say its as good as any I have seen. 

I'll have to do some thinking on this one but one of the greatest catches I've watched....and not just interception. Unreal levels of talent these guys have. Reich is probably trying to figure out a way to run some routes for him. Haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

You never know. Must win tonight for them. Not sure what to think about Cleveland and of course if they get up early and make Ravens a throwing team it could be a long night for Baltimore.

Can't decide who I want to win. I think Cleveland could lose 2 more so the Colts might be able to move ahead of Browns but if Ravens lose the Colts distance themselves from Baltimore.  I think Colts need to get to 4th or 5th seed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll have to do some thinking on this one but one of the greatest catches I've watched....and not just interception. Unreal levels of talent these guys have. Reich is probably trying to figure out a way to run some routes for him. Haha.

That is what Bill Cower said why limit it to interception might be one of best catches period.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Can't decide who I want to win. I think Cleveland could lose 2 more so the Colts might be able to move ahead of Browns but if Ravens lose the Colts distance themselves from Baltimore.  I think Colts need to get to 4th or 5th seed

I'm leaning towards Browns just because of Ravens/tiebreaker vs Colts,etc...

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'm worried the Colts could go 11-5 and miss playoffs.  I dont see the Ravens losing again really need the Colts to win out and Browns lose 2 of last 3. 

Colts just need to win out period.  Don't forget the Titans still have Green Bay.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd love for the semi older crew to chime in. Every once in awhile I go into a youtube rabbit hole. I'll say say this. Al Davis.....I love this guy so much. Even as a Bears fan I believe in every single thing he says. Vertical game. Pressure. Take what we want not what the defense gives us.

I often wonder how many titles the Raiders would have had if it weren't for the Dolphins or Steelers.  Or if Oakland/LA had been in the NFC?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

I often wonder how many titles the Raiders would have had if it weren't for the Dolphins or Steelers.  Or if Oakland/LA had been in the NFC?  

I'd assume at least 3 more. Not sure that Al would be real happy with the product he's seeing on the field today. I don't know if it's players or staff or both but this Gruden/Raiders thing just isn't clicking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rico said:

You got me to looking up those Raider teams I grew up with...not as "great" as what I thought.

My first Raiders memories was around 1980-81. Besides the Bears I was hooked quickly and honestly for similar reasons to me liking the Canes in college. Vertical passing game. Attack mode. 

Can't tell you the number of Monday Night Football games where I was only allowed to stay up until halftime and wake up and Raiders always won. Maybe we had it in a trivia question somewhere along the way but I don't think they ever lost on MNF during that era.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My first Raiders memories was around 1980-81. Besides the Bears I was hooked quickly and honestly for similar reasons to me liking the Canes in college. Vertical passing game. Attack mode. 

Can't tell you the number of Monday Night Football games where I was only allowed to stay up until halftime and wake up and Raiders always won. Maybe we had it in a trivia question somewhere along the way but I don't think they ever lost on MNF during that era.

Don't know about the MNF thing.  But it seemed I always saw them play on the Sunday late game that they always seemed to win.  That was in the 70's.  To me, they weren't quite the same after Madden retired even though the success continued.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't know about the MNF thing.  But it seemed I always saw them play on the Sunday late game that they always seemed to win.  That was in the 70's.  To me, they weren't quite the same after Madden retired even though the success continued.  

I just did a quick glance at MNF games from 1970-1985. Don't hold me to this but during that 15 year period it looks as if Raiders were 25-1-1 on MNF games. 

• Like 1