2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Now hold on... they're still 5-7 lol 

Yep. Talking eye test. They've made the playoffs I think 4 times in 25 years with zero playoff wins and that 5-7 team marched into Pittsburgh and won. 

Purely what I see with my own eyes. Records as we often know are not telling the whole story (good and bad). My Bears were 5-1 and most of us knew it wasn't what that record indicated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hypothetical here. Every year the 72 team toast when the last unbeaten falls. Who would they cheer for if one day the undefeated Dolphins were in the Super Bowl? I think place in history over franchise. 

Prolly true...but my question would be are we ever going to have another undefeated SB champ?

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I just think the AFC West is so tough I don't think KC could run that table each year. If they were in another division...I'd say the Chiefs are as close to perfect as it gets. 

It only that but the way the NFL scheduling works.  

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

How do folks feel about Wentz as a long term qb option for the Colts?

I dont know how the Eagles can make that contract work. He hasn't even started on the extension he signed. I think a change of scenery would do wonders but that's a big gamble. I am not of opposed to it. Frank might be the 1 to get his head back in order.

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

How do folks feel about Wentz as a long term qb option for the Colts?

Absolutely in. As long as.. his contract is restructured somewhat so that we pay him a little less than what we're paying Rivers. I have watched a ton of Philly this year because I have Goedert and Ertz and my fiancé has Sanders...  Wentz can't defend himself vs that OL. It's worse than Lucks OLs..  he was sacked 7 times vs the Packers. He has been sacked 3+ times in like 10 straight games or some s*** like that. He threw for 250 a game last season.. 27 TDs 7 INTs. He didn't just forget how to play football. 

He turns 28 at the end of the month.  Give them a 4th rd pick and redo the contract and let's go. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont know how the Eagles can make that contract work. He hasn't even started on the extension he signed. I think a change of scenery would do wonders but that's a big gamble. I am not of opposed to it. Frank might be the 1 to get his head back in order.

Our OL would do wonders for him.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely in. As long as.. his contract is restructured somewhat so that we pay him a little less than what we're paying Rivers. I have watched a ton of Philly this year because I have Goedert and Ertz and my gf has Sanders...  Wentz can't defend himself vs that OL. It's worse than Lucks OLs..  he was sacked 7 times vs the Packers. He has been sacked 3+ times in like 10 straight games or some s*** like that. He threw for 250 a game last season.. 27 TDs 7 INTs. He didn't just forget how to play football. 

He turns 28 at the end of the month.  Give them a 4th rd pick and redo the contract and let's go. 

I tend to agree. I know I kind of took a dump on him earlier in this thread, but I do think he is a guy with a lot of potential that has come closest to realizing it under Reich. Give him back to Reich with our o-line and I think you could see him reach that potential as a top 5-10 QB that @BGleas thinks he is. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I tend to agree. I know I kind of took a dump on him earlier in this thread, but I do think he is a guy with a lot of potential that has come closest to realizing it under Reich. Give him back to Reich with our o-line and I think you could see him reach that potential as a top 5-10 QB that @BGleas thinks he is. 

I mean.. he doesn't even have to be that for us to be a top 5 team. That roster is so loaded it's stupid. Pittman progressing, pray Campbell can stay healthy... Throw in Wentz and maybe sign someone like Golladay or Allen Robinson etc... with the TEs and OL that's already in place. Shew. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Give them a 4th rd pick and redo the contract and let's go. 

Heard someone talking Wentz contract yesterday.  He's due a 10 mil bonus if he's back with philly next year and 25 mill a year.  If he's traded before such and such date they are out of that 10 mil.  

I'm not familiar with nfl contract restructuring.  How tricky is this and does Wentz have to agree?