Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a thought. Maybe it's been discussed before. In a pro town like LA I have to believe the pressure to get 5 star guys or flashy recruits is a big deal. Alford to me doesn't seem the best with those types of kids. He's better suited to the 3 year guys who were ranked in the 50-80 range. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

On May 1, 2018, Steve's buyout dropped from $7.8 million to $ 5.2 million. 

I honestly think Cal should take the UCLA job.  He's like 60 now and seems completely worn out and unhappy thanks to the crazy UK fan base.  It just makes sense to me.  He has a personality built for Hollywood and would get to play in lowly Pac 12 and spend his free time sitting court side with WWW at the Lakers games.  He'd recruit like mother F'r out there too.  UK should hire Holtmann who is a Lexington native.  Just makes perfect sense to me for all parties.

27 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Alford should be fired this weekend.  He's really that bad.

One the Bruin Report message report they are discussing Alford's possible firing. Some idiot going by KDynamite posted the following today. Has to be a Purdue troll?

I'm in Indiana and there are still plenty of people here that want Alford in Bloomington...but Archie Miller would have to be given at least a couple more years at Indiana, but I really don't see him keeping the job, this year's team looks very average to me, they have a great player in Langford that will be gone at the end of the season to the NBA. If they fail to make the tournament this year, I could see them going after Alford...the time might be right!

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Howard went off like I figured. Buffalo has a good team but I just didn't see anyone that could guard him. That said I didn't think he was going for 40! Wow just goes to show us how great a job Archie has done with our defense this year!

I believe it to be a mixed bag.  Some of it was the D from our guys not allowing Howard to get into 'that zone'.  Some of it was luck.  Some of those shots he made.....  Step back 3 with 2 defenders smothering him.  Crossing people over, carving up a good defense.....  It was nuts.  I will gladly give our team and coach some of the credit, I just cannot give them all of it seeing what Howard is capable of.

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

One the Bruin Report message report they are discussing Alford's possible firing. Some idiot going by KDynamite posted the following today. Has to be a Purdue troll?

I'm in Indiana and there are still plenty of people here that want Alford in Bloomington...but Archie Miller would have to be given at least a couple more years at Indiana, but I really don't see him keeping the job, this year's team looks very average to me, they have a great player in Langford that will be gone at the end of the season to the NBA. If they fail to make the tournament this year, I could see them going after Alford...the time might be right!

Exhibit A on why I don't go to other teams message boards often. I'm scared to even think the level of stupidity it takes for someone to post that. 

42 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I honestly think Cal should take the UCLA job.  He's like 60 now and seems completely worn out and unhappy thanks to the crazy UK fan base.  It just makes sense to me.  He has a personality built for Hollywood and would get to play in lowly Pac 12 and spend his free time sitting court side with WWW at the Lakers games.  He'd recruit like mother F'r out there too.  UK should hire Holtmann who is a Lexington native.  Just makes perfect sense to me for all parties.

I don't think the UK fans would even consider the idea of someone leaving their school for a college job. 

They love the flash so I think their next hire will be tough. 

28 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm with you...that sounds like a Turdue fan's wishful thinking. They must think Glass is a complete maroon.

UK looks like they will beat UNC. Ugly game full of lots of turnovers and no defense. Not going to lie UK has played well below what they should be capable of until this game. That said...if they didn’t land an all PAC10 fifth year senior they would not be a tournament team. Reid Travis is a beast and just makes everyone else job easier. Smart move by Cal to get a guy like him to pair with his freshman.

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Michigan only up 7 on Air Force at the half...continuing to show some chinks in the armor. 

Auburn struggling with Murray St. a loss may drop them out of the rankings. 

Why would Auburn fall from the rankings? They lost a competitive game to a 1 loss power 5 team earlier this week and Murray State isn't a bad program. 

12 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Two losses in a week, one at home to Murray state? Did you not see what happened to Villanova?

They lost two home games, including a blowout and a loss to Furman before people realized they are good. 

There's more sample size now to judge Auburn and the teams they played this week. I don't think they're going to fall much at all, personally. 

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They lost two home games, including a blowout and a loss to Furman before people realized they are good. 

There's more sample size now to judge Auburn and the teams they played this week. I don't think they're going to fall much at all, personally. 

Nova dropped out after a road loss to Penn and a road loss to Kansas. 

43 minutes ago, rico said:

Nobody commenting on Maryland's loss?  I will.  Maryland got beat by Seton Hall.

They finally had a noncon opponent worth anything. That's why when it was brought up about our games at Purdue, at Maryland, at Northwestern....not sure why we can't win any of them.

Archived