Coronavirus

Reacher

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-689684/v1

Large scale study in the UK showing only 25 children and young people (CYP) died from Covid (out of 12M+ total CYP and 469,000 with confirmed Covid). Basically, risk of kids dying is miniscule. No need to be vaccinating and masking them. We have pretty good scientific evidence they will be fine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-689684/v1

Large scale study in the UK showing only 25 children and young people (CYP) died from Covid (out of 12M+ total CYP and 469,000 with confirmed Covid). Basically, risk of kids dying is miniscule. No need to be vaccinating and masking them. We have pretty good scientific evidence they will be fine. 

I feel like a worn out record when I ask: are deaths the only important indicator? I know a few kids personally who have had horrible side effects from COVID. SVT, horribly scarred lungs, enlarged heart. They're not dead, but I'm not so sure this is considered being 'fine'. I'm pretty sure they would've loved to have the vaccine if it was available to them before they were infected.

Both of my kids have gotten theirs because that's what my doctor recommended. It's what he did for his kids. It's also what my good friend is doing with her kids. Why? Because she works with doctors who research the vaccine and that is what they are doing. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I feel like a worn out record when I ask: are deaths the only important indicator? I know a few kids personally who have had horrible side effects from COVID. SVT, horribly scarred lungs, enlarged heart. They're not dead, but I'm not so sure this is considered being 'fine'. I'm pretty sure they would've loved to have the vaccine if it was available to them before they were infected.

Both of my kids have gotten theirs because that's what my doctor recommended. It's what he did for his kids. It's also what my good friend is doing with her kids. Why? Because she works with doctors who research the vaccine and that is what they are doing. 

Kids do die and get sick from other causes. It is unfortunate and tragic. Masks were never mandated for bad flu outbreaks - some of which were much more lethal to children. To be fair, we need to also look at the injuries and deaths caused from the vaccines. I just linked some articles at least acknowledging there are real risks to the vaccines. I'd be shocked if 100+ kids die from the vaccines per life saved from covid but what if 2 did? I think it is fair to say we really don't have the true numbers but information continues to come out showing the vaccines are not what people were originally told.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Kids do die and get sick from other causes. It is unfortunate and tragic. Masks were never mandated for bad flu outbreaks - some of which were much more lethal to children. To be fair, we need to also look at the injuries and deaths caused from the vaccines. I just linked some articles at least acknowledging there are real risks to the vaccines. I'd be shocked if 100+ kids die from the vaccines per life saved from covid but what if 2 did? I think it is fair to say we really don't have the true numbers but information continues to come out showing the vaccines are not what people were originally told.

Again, I’m going to listen to my doctor, but thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Really don't want vaccines in my food. 

Grow and eat your own vaccines?

Basically they are trying to inject mRNA vaccine into the chloroplasts of edible plants.  Initially to be grown in your garden with long term goal of mass production. 

Probably won't work due to temp requirements but I don't like someone even thought of this 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, tdhoosier said:

Again, I’m going to listen to my doctor, but thanks. 

If only we all were allowed to do that…I think that is all anyone wants to do is be free to make the best choice for themselves and their families…as opposed to mandates for themselves and their children.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Overdose deaths reach record high during pandemic

Ready for this crap to be behind us, but also understanding that we will probably see another big spike in the next couple of months. 

Just in my little corner of the world. Know of 2 people in the past 30 days who have died. One because of a relapse and he checked out literally....the other a healthy 23 year old who committed suicide because of drugs and mental issues and no job hopes after graduating last spring from Illinois. Thought suicide was the best path. 

The collateral damage from the virus and the waste is what pisses me off most sometimes. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just in my little corner of the world. Know of 2 people in the past 30 days who have died. One because of a relapse and he checked out literally....the other a healthy 23 year old who committed suicide because of drugs and mental issues and no job hopes after graduating last spring from Illinois. Thought suicide was the best path. 

The collateral damage from the virus and the waste is what pisses me off most sometimes. 

Yeah, I know that things were going downhill for a lot of people before the virus, but the fallout from this will be wide-ranging for years if not decades. 

I have several people in their early 20s working for me and they often report a lot of anxiety and depression about the future and how things are right now. I think young people today are going to have a HARD time of it in the latter half of this century. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Duude, I could stay there for 14 extra days if I had to! I do remember that feeling though when we were getting tested before leaving from Italy. We didn’t want to have to pony up for another 14 days of lodgings. And our places were all awesome, but not THAT awesome!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Duude, I could stay there for 14 extra days if I had to! I do remember that feeling though when we were getting tested before leaving from Italy. We didn’t want to have to pony up for another 14 days of lodgings. And our places were all awesome, but not THAT awesome!

Yeah, we have a top floor balcony suite overlooking the ocean...absolutely amazing view.  It reminds me of the closing scene of Shawshank...the beach looks a lot like that.  Best part...it was all paid for except a few extra tips (even gratuities are covered!) and airline seat upgrades.  So weird to go to a restaurant, order whatever and only pay for tips.  Even the dine-in menu is amazing.  Whatever we need, we just text Alberto the butler and it magically appears.  This guy, who hates valet parking and having to wear a coat for dinner, loves this laid-back place where I can wear shorts to dinner.  We've even made friends with the housekeeper...a delightful lady despite a bit of a language barrier.

There were roughly 150 of us invited and thus far, only one couple is extending due to a COVID quarantine. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This guy, who hates valet parking and having to wear a coat for dinner, loves this laid-back place where I can wear shorts to dinner. 

Literal dream to me. Hate getting all dressed up for dinners. I have to wear that crap to work, don’t want to get dressed up for dinner. Something about beach/island life that really sets you up in a good mood. Glad you guys are living it up! Not sure I’ve ever stayed in a place that beautiful and I’ve stayed in a lot of killer places! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, we have a top floor balcony suite overlooking the ocean...absolutely amazing view.  It reminds me of the closing scene of Shawshank...the beach looks a lot like that.  Best part...it was all paid for except a few extra tips (even gratuities are covered!) and airline seat upgrades.  So weird to go to a restaurant, order whatever and only pay for tips.  Even the dine-in menu is amazing.  Whatever we need, we just text Alberto the butler and it magically appears.  This guy, who hates valet parking and having to wear a coat for dinner, loves this laid-back place where I can wear shorts to dinner.  We've even made friends with the housekeeper...a delightful lady despite a bit of a language barrier.

There were roughly 150 of us invited and thus far, only one couple is extending due to a COVID quarantine. 

We went a few years ago to cancun about 100 agents all inclusive.  My regional VP of sales sprung for us to take the kids and bought them an adjoining suite. All inclusive great time. We had a farewell luncheon for agent and their guest so while we did that the 3 kids stayed on the beach. We came down and they had ordered 3 non alcoholic drinks  and lunch but this time they were in tall glasses instead of the plastic ones like all week. I thought nothing about it until we checked out a couple hours later and that lunch for 3 cost us 225. Make sure you know what time the all inclusive stuff ends

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Literal dream to me. Hate getting all dressed up for dinners. I have to wear that crap to work, don’t want to get dressed up for dinner. Something about beach/island life that really sets you up in a good mood. Glad you guys are living it up! Not sure I’ve ever stayed in a place that beautiful and I’ve stayed in a lot of killer places! 

The idea of having to dress up to try to impress someone else is just a non-starter for me. I work as an investment advisor and deal with some wealthy people.  About four years ago, we made the decision to go to a jeans and collared shirt dress code.  Not one client has complained and several have expressed appreciation for our relaxed dress code saying it made them feel at home.  I've seen more and more businesses adopt more relaxed dress codes during this pandemic here in southern Indiana, so that part of this pandemic has had a positive impact,  IMO.

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The idea of having to dress up to try to impress someone else is just a non-starter for me. I work as an investment advisor and deal with some wealthy people.  About four years ago, we made the decision to go to a jeans and collared shirt dress code.  Not one client has complained and several have expressed appreciation for our relaxed dress code saying it made them feel at home.  I've seen more and more businesses adopt more relaxed dress codes during this pandemic here in southern Indiana, so that part of this pandemic has had a positive impact,  IMO.

I don't know...I always thought it was cool when Ward Cleaver wore a suit just sitting around the house 😉

• Haha 1