Coronavirus

Reacher

More anecdotal evidence of COVID & blood clots...

My friend (late 30's) had COVID earlier and subsequently had surgery to remove his spleen.  He has been throwing blood clots ever since.  Three more emergency surgeries to remove blood clots and if today's surgery is unsuccessful, he's looking at a partial leg amputation. @mrflynn03...he's on S/T disability with your employer.

One of my employee's children's stepmother had clot issues after being vaccinated.  She's in her 40's and has already had one partial amputation and is looking at a likely second partial amputation.

Both local cases...one in Greene county and one in Sullivan.  In both cases, doctors are blaming COVID or the vaccine for causing the clots.

This has unfortunately become a life-changing pandemic.  

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

My friend (late 30's) had COVID earlier and subsequently had surgery to remove his spleen.  He has been throwing blood clots ever since.  Three more emergency surgeries to remove blood clots and if today's surgery is unsuccessful, he's looking at a partial leg amputation. @mrflynn03...he's on S/T disability with your employer.

One of my employee's children's stepmother had clot issues after being vaccinated.  She's in her 40's and has already had one partial amputation and is looking at a likely second partial amputation.

Both local cases...one in Greene county and one in Sullivan.  In both cases, doctors are blaming COVID or the vaccine for causing the clots.

Sorry to hear that. I have to wonder how many other issues / cases will eventually pop up and how many will actually get reported and or linked to the vaccines. I saw something I was going to post here but didn't get around to it and now can't find it about how the the first wave of post vaccination babies are now arriving and there are more going to the NICU. This was just a report from one hospital but it makes you wonder how accurate and / or widespread the issue could be. I do fear t hat we will be dealing with health issues and other tangential issues like depression and drug use that resulted from Covid for many many years.

• Like 1

So local elementary schools here have had nearly zero reported covid cases. And the ones that were reported/diagnosed were ran through the protocol and those kids returned back to school. No deaths. None.

Now the schools themselves are pre-scheduled dates to become a kids vax clinic mingled into the school day.

Air heads is not just a candy.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

It really has become a life-changing pandemic. I’m getting so many emails from people from everywhere in the US about long-COVID. I’m the contact person for my boss who is one of the PIs on the big NIH long covid study, so people trying to reach my boss reach out to me. 

People are desperate to get the word out about their lingering, and often debilitating, health issues after recovering from COVID. 

We have a friend who is a doctor and was one of the first in the region to get COVID. She is still not back to work full time. Her life has changed so drastically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Sorry to hear that. I have to wonder how many other issues / cases will eventually pop up and how many will actually get reported and or linked to the vaccines. I saw something I was going to post here but didn't get around to it and now can't find it about how the the first wave of post vaccination babies are now arriving and there are more going to the NICU. This was just a report from one hospital but it makes you wonder how accurate and / or widespread the issue could be. I do fear t hat we will be dealing with health issues and other tangential issues like depression and drug use that resulted from Covid for many many years.

Yep, you and I rarely (if ever) agree in this thread, but your last sentence nails it. Beyond long-covid symptoms/issues there is the ancillary fallout from increased depression, drug use. Not to mention the way the disease has hardened/increased the political divide in our country.

It’s a F^$king mess. 

I’m fine with the new normal for now, b/c I know it’s necessary, but I would prefer for this to be over this time next year. It won’t be, but I would prefer it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

If your friend chose wisely he's got a hell of a benefits plan. 

21 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

It really has become a life-changing pandemic. I’m getting so many emails from people from everywhere in the US about long-COVID. I’m the contact person for my boss who is one of the PIs on the big NIH long covid study, so people trying to reach my boss reach out to me. 

People are desperate to get the word out about their lingering, and often debilitating, health issues after recovering from COVID. 

We have a friend who is a doctor and was one of the first in the region to get COVID. She is still not back to work full time. Her life has changed so drastically.

The question that I would like to see answered is what is different about people who are experiencing that result. I'm 73, had covid three weeks ago, recovered quickly, and am doing everything I did before with no lingering symptoms. Why am I and others like different? If we could answer that question, maybe we could take a more nuanced approach rather than the shotgun, vaccinate everyone approach we've taken. I feel truly sorry for those who have and are suffering from this virus but it seems to me that we are missing something.

• Like 3

Well, my son's family is just getting over with Covid. My daughter-in-law is a school teacher and was diagnosed with covid a couple of weeks ago. Then my son, my grandson (9 years old), my 4 year old granddaughter and my 1 year old granddaughter also tested positive. Fortunately, they all had minor symptoms. Both my son and daughter-in-law have been fully vaccinated, so it does make you wonder.....

10 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The question that I would like to see answered is what is different about people who are experiencing that result. I'm 73, had covid three weeks ago, recovered quickly, and am doing everything I did before with no lingering symptoms. Why am I and others like different? If we could answer that question, maybe we could take a more nuanced approach rather than the shotgun, vaccinate everyone approach we've taken. I feel truly sorry for those who have and are suffering from this virus but it seems to me that we are missing something.

That’s one of the key questions. Why is it that some people are struggling with ongoing symptoms and others aren’t fazed at all? Can we predict which type of patients might struggle long term? And if so, are there effective treatments for them? 

Lots more questions than answers at this point, but the more data we can get the better. 

Glad that you have recovered quickly though! 

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well, my son's family is just getting over with Covid. My daughter-in-law is a school teacher and was diagnosed with covid a couple of weeks ago. Then my son, my grandson (9 years old), my 4 year old granddaughter and my 1 year old granddaughter also tested positive. Fortunately, they all had minor symptoms. Both my son and daughter-in-law have been fully vaccinated, so it does make you wonder.....

Wonder about what? Vaccinated people can still get COVID, they are just more protected against hospitalization and death.  

My wife and I and most everyone we know have managed to get through this so far w/o getting COVID. And we live in an incredibly dense city, ride the subways and buses, etc.

But, I’ve never told myself that the vaccine is a magic bullet for me not getting infected. I go about my life, but I’m also careful. Mask on indoors for shopping, subway, etc. and mostly dine outdoors with some indoor meals in the last few months. 

I haven't had time to look into this in any detail but the writer is a MIT grad self made silicon valley millionaire so on the surface seems like a pretty smart guy.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/new-vaers-analysis-reveals-hundreds

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/we-will-kill-117-kids-to-save-one

Raises some interesting questions. Will be watching to see what answers eventually come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

That’s one of the key questions. Why is it that some people are struggling with ongoing symptoms and others aren’t fazed at all? Can we predict which type of patients might struggle long term? And if so, are there effective treatments for them? 

Lots more questions than answers at this point, but the more data we can get the better. 

Are you familiar with this? https://covidlonghaulers.com/

Look like they are working on the same questions you are.

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eu-regulator-backs-approval-covid-19-drugs-regeneron-roche-celltrion-2021-11-11/

EU regulatory board just fully approved a COVID therapeutic. It currently has temporary, limited approval by the US’s FDA and is up for full review and approval in April.  

I am 1000% behind these therapeutics.  In my opinion it is the way back to being semi normal.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

By a million miles. I don't and have never trusted our government.  They aren't leaders and none of them understand or care about the constitution or American citizens.  

These losers fake it to make it. 

Think about it, billionaires don't run for political office, except one. 

Smart people stay away from politics, so we end up with the dumbasses that dumbasses vote for. 

• Like 2

I got my Pfizer booster shot on Friday.  Everything went well but around noon on Saturday I experienced an interesting eye situation. I lost my peripheral vision in my left eye and about half of my vision in that eye. I can't really explain it but I knew it was bad when while driving on the interstate cars in the left lane I could truly only see the top half of the car. It was crazy. I pulled over for 30 minutes and all was good after that. I don't know if booster related,  was high blood pressure or what but all is well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I got my Pfizer booster shot on Friday.  Everything went well but around noon on Saturday I experienced an interesting eye situation. I lost my peripheral vision in my left eye and about half of my vision in that eye. I can't really explain it but I knew it was bad when while driving on the interstate cars in the left lane I could truly only see the top half of the car. It was crazy. I pulled over for 30 minutes and all was good after that. I don't know if booster related,  was high blood pressure or what but all is well.

That would have definitely freaked me out. Glad you are feeling better and it only lasted a little while!

• Like 3