Coronavirus

Reacher

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Cool.

And I understand that the Geico Skytypers flew over NYC today.

GEICO Skytypers Airshow 

Love these tributes to our front liners.

Another cool thing I saw and I can’t find any links right now but maybe someone can. The Blue Angels and the Air Force Thunderbirds did joint flyovers in some cities to tribute the front line workers. 

17 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Another cool thing I saw and I can’t find any links right now but maybe someone can. The Blue Angels and the Air Force Thunderbirds did joint flyovers in some cities to tribute the front line workers. 

Hey skim. Hi. I hope you are doing well.

Here's a vid of them over Atlanta.  After, what I believe was a joint flight over New York City.

Blue Angels and Thunderbirds Fly Together Over New York City 

By the way.... I believe you will love this video.

Salute To The Frontline: The Blue Angels And The Thunderbirds Flyover Atlanta 

The Thunderbirds started these tributes in Colorado. After graduation at the academy.  They flew up and down the front range.  And over my house.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Second homemade haircut last night. Hair looks good. Eyebrow trimming needs work. I have 1 1/2 left. Luckily my hair is light enough it isn't really noticable.

Congrats.  Saving money. And staying safe.  My son gave me a haircut last Sunday.  Not a big deal.  As we have been cutting each others hair for years now.  The money we paid for a premium set of cutters, has been paid for exponentially over the years.... versus of going to the barber shop over those years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Congrats.  Saving money. And staying safe.  My son gave me a haircut last Sunday.  Not a big deal.  As we have been cutting each others hair for years now.  The money we paid for a premium set of cutters, has been paid for exponentially over the years.... versus of going to the barber shop over those years.

My wife has been cutting my hair for 15 years. Only 2 times have since them have I had someone else do it and considering that they were professionals I was quite disappointed 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My wife has been cutting my hair for 15 years. Only 2 times have since them have I had someone else do it and considering that they were professionals I was quite disappointed 

I just need to make sure she's not mad when she does it.  I've taught her too much and too well and have no doubt she would reverse mohawk me if she wanted too. 

53ecf99788532.image.jpg?resize=750,1121

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have posted this before on HSN. That I went to the same barber for at least 20 years. Each year I had less hair to cut. Yet the price continued to increase.  And than when they stopped the massage.... I decided to stop going to them.  Invested in a quality cutter.  And started having my son cut my hair. Later on... he had me cutting his hair.  Haven't looked back since.

Shane, you have been a great friend of mine for a long time. And I have always appreciated your willingness to share things with me, over time.  I can only hope and pray that you and yours are doing well at this time we are going through.  I do know, that it is especially tough for you right now. 

Pic of our mascot. When he was younger.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

53ecf99788532.image.jpg?resize=750,1121

I have posted this before on HSN. That I went to the same barber for at least 20 years. Each year I had less hair to cut. Yet the price continued to increase.  And than when they stopped the massage.... I decided to stop going to them.  Invested in a quality cutter.  And started having my son cut my hair. Later on... he had me cutting his hair.  Haven't looked back since.

Shane, you have been a great friend of mine for a long time. And I have always appreciated your willingness to share things with me, over time.  I can only hope and pray that you and yours are doing well at this time we are going through.  I do know, that it is especially tough for you right now. 

Pic of our mascot. When he was younger.

That means a lot my friend. HSN has been there for me when I was at my darkest moments. This place gave me a place to go and feel genuine love and support. Mile I so much appreciate all that you do for me and my family. I am proud to call you a friend. Love that pic of Ayden 2nd birthday party at local tractor sales place.  

We are doing well.  Everyday I just thank God for protecting Ayden. As long as that continues,  everything else we can get through. Thank you and have a most blessed day!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just need to make sure she's not mad when she does it.  I've taught her too much and too well and have no doubt she would reverse mohawk me if she wanted too. 

Wife cut mine the other day after half bottle of wine I just said it looks great and will grow back. Not like I am seeing any clients

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Hey skim. Hi. I hope you are doing well.

Here's a vid of them over Atlanta.  After, what I believe was a joint flight over New York City.

Blue Angels and Thunderbirds Fly Together Over New York City 

By the way.... I believe you will love this video.

Salute To The Frontline: The Blue Angels And The Thunderbirds Flyover Atlanta 

The Thunderbirds started these tributes in Colorado. After graduation at the academy.  They flew up and down the front range.  And over my house.

Hey Mile! Thanks doing well I was deemed an essential worker so I have luckily or unlucky depending on how you look at things been going to work every day since all this started so been trying to be extra careful when going out for groceries and the like because my wife is a diabetic with kidney disease and was actually in the hospital back in February with pneumonia so trying to avoid that again. Anyway enough with the dark things. Thanks for those videos. That was awesome to see. Also on a personal note thanks for always checking on us HSN members. You always make it feel very welcoming and warm here. You’re a very caring soul and we need more of that around these days. 

Another thing this stupid virus has made me more conscious of is food waste.  I prep all my lunches once a week.  Now I'm making sure I prep to where I think its just enough.  I can fill the void with dinner leftovers or just throw something quick together at the end of the week.  Households waste 20-50% of food they bring in.  I'm trying to get mine to as near 0% as possible.  It's literally throwing away money.  I need more of that too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Hey Mile! Thanks doing well I was deemed an essential worker so I have luckily or unlucky depending on how you look at things been going to work every day since all this started so been trying to be extra careful when going out for groceries and the like because my wife is a diabetic with kidney disease and was actually in the hospital back in February with pneumonia so trying to avoid that again. Anyway enough with the dark things. Thanks for those videos. That was awesome to see. Also on a personal note thanks for always checking on us HSN members. You always make it feel very welcoming and warm here. You’re a very caring soul and we need more of that around these days. 

Our church. Has a prayer list. But for now we only attend on line. Would have put her on the list. But can't for now.  Therefore, instead of putting your wife on our prayer list.  I will be saying a prayer for her tonight.

Thank you for your very kind words.  And I am pleased you liked the joint flyovers over NYC.  I thought the cockpit views were spectacular. 

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Another thing this stupid virus has made me more conscious of is food waste.  I prep all my lunches once a week.  Now I'm making sure I prep to where I think its just enough.  I can fill the void with dinner leftovers or just throw something quick together at the end of the week.  Households waste 20-50% of food they bring in.  I'm trying to get mine to as near 0% as possible.  It's literally throwing away money.  I need more of that too.

The mile household can relate.  We are ever more cautious of food waste than ever before.  Can't finish a meal now ?  Then it goes in the fridge for the next day, rather than down the garbage disposal. 

29 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This might seem petty, but it's really annoying us not to be able to compost. Normally, we keep our food scraps in ziploc bags in the freezer. Then each Thursday, we take those bags with us to drop off at the compost drop off that's set up right outside our subway stop on Flatbush Avenue. I don't have the space for my own compost pile, so I rely on dropping it of at composting facilities (which are all closed).

My wife does a ton of food prep and all those veggie scraps are going straight into the trash now. Same thing with my coffee grounds each morning. It just seems so wasteful.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Get to see my old friends The Blue Angels tomorrow in a salute to Frontline workers...

DANNHS76HFAXXIGE5XCDJI3OTI.jfif.jpg

They flew over the city I work in Saturday but unfortunately I live an hour south and didn’t see them☹️
here the Thunderbirds were in close formation as well!

Edited by Drroogh

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

Atlanta was one!

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

This might seem petty, but it's really annoying us not to be able to compost. Normally, we keep our food scraps in ziploc bags in the freezer. Then each Thursday, we take those bags with us to drop off at the compost drop off that's set up right outside our subway stop on Flatbush Avenue. I don't have the space for my own compost pile, so I rely on dropping it of at composting facilities (which are all closed).

My wife does a ton of food prep and all those veggie scraps are going straight into the trash now. Same thing with my coffee grounds each morning. It just seems so wasteful.

A shame. Years back. My son bought two composter bins for my birthday. Yeah scraps, and coffee grounds.  Banana peals, used tea bags and so much more. We compost the entire year long. The compost freezes in the winter. But when warmer weather returns.... it is great to till into our gardens all Spring and Summer long.

Living in Brooklyn as you do. I am surprised to learn you are into composting.  Good for you !

4 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Not petty at all. I have a compost pile out by my garden that I use to fertilize.  Neat you have something like that by a subway stop. What do they do with it?

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Our church. Has a prayer list. But for now we only attend on line. Would have put her on the list. But can't for now.  Therefore, instead of putting your wife on our prayer list.  I will be saying a prayer for her tonight.

Thank you for your very kind words.  And I am pleased you liked the joint flyovers over NYC.  I thought the cockpit views were spectacular. 

Thank you mile. That means more than you know. 

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not petty at all. I have a compost pile out by my garden that I use to fertilize.  Neat you have something like that by a subway stop. What do they do with it?

Jealous that you have the space for a compost pile. Our compost group takes all of our compost to the Red Hook Farms here in Brooklyn. It's pretty cool, if you're into that sort of stuff.

Red Hook Farm Composting

Edited by Lostin76