TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Comedy Central has started showing new episodes of Beavis and Butthead. Haven't watched any yet, but could be worth a look.

I've only seen a couple new ones but I like them. There is also Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe movie. 

Mike Judge is great. 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

I am. Watched the first three episodes so far. It’s zombie stuff, but lighter on the zombies. And episode three had Nick Offerman as the ultimate doomsday prepper. 

Ron Swanson as a pepper. Heck yeah. 

The show is based on a video game. This person made a movie out of the cut scenes. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

The show is based on a video game. This person made a movie out of the cut scenes. 

I actually thought of you when I watched that episode. Dude had a heck of a perimeter set up, that’s for sure. I think you would dig that episode for sure. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I actually thought of you when I watched that episode. Dude had a heck of a perimeter set up, that’s for sure. I think you would dig that episode for sure. 

My wifes parents in Illinois have plans for fortifying their property.  They don't know about it yet but I have a pretty good idea how I would set things up.

I'll get back to the show.  I may just pay for a month, binge watch the season, then suspend or cancel the subscription.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wifes parents in Illinois have plans for fortifying their property.  They don't know about it yet but I have a pretty good idea how I would set things up.

I'll get back to the show.  I may just pay for a month, binge watch the season, then suspend or cancel the subscription.

Ha, I’m sure you have some ideas. This guy had a KILLER electrified fence with some gas flames if I recall correctly. I’ve also just copme to the realization that Nick Offerman is someone I would really en jopy just hanging out with. He’s really good friends with one of my favorite authors - George Saunders. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Ha, I’m sure you have some ideas. This guy had a KILLER electrified fence with some gas flames if I recall correctly. I’ve also just copme to the realization that Nick Offerman is someone I would really en jopy just hanging out with. He’s really good friends with one of my favorite authors - George Saunders. 

You probably would. I'm sure I would too. His character in Parks and Rec was obsessed with lagavulin scotch. So much so that Nick Offerman partnered with the distillery.  

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

You probably would. I'm sure I would too. His character in Parks and Rec was obsessed with lagavulin scotch. So much so that Nick Offerman partnered with the distillery.  

Oh man, that’s really cool. I love Lagavulin and pretty much any of the Islay peaty scotches. 

• Like 1

Okay, another night of Cary Grant in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. ‘Notorious’, can’t say?, it’s even before my time but..:::: Alfred was a master!

Okay, there is a reason why we should not discount black and white movies! Especially ones that were award winning!

Edited by Drroogh

Just finished The Murdaugh Murders on Netflix. What an absolute horrendous series of tragedies.

If there is one thing that boils my blood, it's Big-Fish-in-a-Small-Pond elitism and corruption. The money, power and influence to get away with not just bad decisions, but malicious ones, is sickening.

I'm admittedly not following the actual case that closely, but Alex Murdaugh's history of lying, cheating and stealing certainly doesn't paint him as an honorable person. The fear of getting caught makes people desperate, and desperate people are capable of doing extreme things.

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Just finished The Murdaugh Murders on Netflix. What an absolute horrendous series of tragedies.

If there is one thing that boils my blood, it's Big-Fish-in-a-Small-Pond elitism and corruption. The money, power and influence to get away with not just bad decisions, but malicious ones, is sickening.

I'm admittedly not following the actual case that closely, but Alex Murdaugh's history of lying, cheating and stealing certainly doesn't paint him as an honorable person. The fear of getting caught makes people desperate, and desperate people are capable of doing extreme things.

Easy girl, he’s not convicted yet but agree even if he’s innocent (probably not) he’s a sleaze ball!

Reminds me of when I first moved to Meriwether county GA my friends told me I need to watch the movie “Murder in Coweta county”

Johnny Cash played the good sherif that brought justice to the invincible King of Meriwether County Andy Griffith.

The first white man brought to execution based on the testimony of black men!

Edited by Drroogh

On 2/11/2023 at 7:39 PM, mrflynn03 said:

First game was incredible. Second was ok. Honestly never played a game with a story that gripped me so thoroughly. I couldn’t believe they were doing a tv show because I didn’t think they could improve on the game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, I haven’t reported back about Deadwood, but I absolutely love it. I thought the highlight of the first season was painfully watching the Preacher storyline. 

Am on S2E6 now and it’s just such a well done show. The dialog is often so crisp that it often feels like I’m watching a play in person. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

So, I haven’t reported back about Deadwood, but I absolutely love it. I thought the highlight of the first season was painfully watching the Preacher storyline. 

Am on S2E6 now and it’s just such a well done show. The dialog is often so crisp that it often feels like I’m watching a play in person. 

Do they ease up on the profanity?  I tried a few years ago but barely made it through the first episode. I'm no prude but sometimes the F word can get to be too much. 

I really like Timothy Oliphant and was wanting to give it another try. 

On a semi related note I have no problem with nudity but have never seen A Star is Born because lady gaga bares it all, although I've probably seen worse, I think she's kinda gross. 

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Do they ease up on the profanity?  I tried a few years ago but barely made it through the first episode. I'm no prude but sometimes the F word can get to be too much. 

I really like Timothy Oliphant and was wanting to give it another try. 

On a semi related note I have no problem with nudity but have never seen A Star is Born because lady gaga bares it all, although I've probably seen worse, I think she's kinda gross. 

They do not let up on the profanity - especially the term c*cksucker.

Timothy Oliphant really grows into his role at the end of the first season, beginning of second season. The nudity is pretty tame compared to most shows though.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

It is pretty funny.  It's a shame it's so politically one-sided as it has the potential to be even better. 

I haven't paid much attention to political bent to be honest. Flower is the total embodiment of my second wife. Brings back so many memories.

The slut stock broker is totally a co-worker of mine. He'd hump a shopping cart even if someone else was pushing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2