TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

Bought myself an LG C1 4K OLED about a year back, and one of the best uses has been Nat Geo content on Disney Plus. Streaming 4K HDR nature content is exactly what they use to sell these devices. I'm watching Explorer: Lost in the Arctic right now, about the lost Franklin expedition. It's an interest of mine ever since reading The Terror by Dan Simmons. I'd recommend that book, and to bring this back on topic, would definitely recommend season one of the AMC series The Terror as well. Filled with some of your favorite British actors.

• 3 weeks later...

Reacher season 2 airs December 15th. They used the book Bad Luck and Trouble for the story. My favorite of the ones I've read so far. 

I'm guessing they chose this book because it lends itself well to character development and introduces Neagley who is a recurring character in the books. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Reacher season 2 airs December 15th. They used the book Bad Luck and Trouble for the story. My favorite of the ones I've read so far. 

I'm guessing they chose this book because it lends itself well to character development and introduces Neagley who is a recurring character in the books. 

I’ve never read one of the books, but I was looking for an audiobook because I’ve been in the car a lot lately. So, I downloaded Tripwire, which I think is the 3rd book in the series. 

I remember @Reacher saying the casting of Tom Cruise in the movies was odd, and man, was that an understatement! Haha. 

Great book so far. Looking forward to season 2. The Jack Reacher in the series is definitely more believable.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix has a series called World War 2 From The Frontlines.  Pretty good documentary series plus lots of great colorized footage I'd never seen before. 

Even shows a bit of the Japanese on Alaskas Aleutian Islands. I imagine most people don't know we had enemy troops on US soil during WW2. 

Edited by mrflynn03

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Finished Terminal List today. Fast paced when it was fast but slow when it wasn’t. Still worth the watch. Much like most everything, the book was better. 

Same thing with Shooter. It's supposed to be based on the Bob Lee Swagger series but the only thing it takes is his name. 

I do plan on watching though. Maybe over the 3 day weekend. 

• Like 1

Started watching Tacoma FD on Netflix. It's pretty funny and for anyone who liked Super Troopers, I think they'll like this show. 

Created by the guy who played Farva and the guy who played Womack, the crazy miata driver. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

Not sure if anybody watches Fargo, but this season is awesome. John Hamm always plays such a great villain. And Juno Temple's (from Ted Lasso) character is great. 

If you're not familiar with Fargo, each season is a stand alone, so you don't have to watch previous seasons to know what's going on. They also say they are based on true stories, but they're really not (i'm not sure why they say this...haha).