Comic relief

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Purdue fans, explaining how the now-defunct Helms Athletic Foundation, in 1943, retroactively went back over a decade to name Purdue the 1932 national champion, and how that really really does too count as a real thing and not at all something that should be laughed at.

0af5280ed2c5cb85f7f1d784da83b335.gif?tl=

I noticed somewhere that someone was named a Helms All- something or other. Can’t remember anything else so clearly it was irrelevant 😅

• Haha 1

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed.

But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat,

making beer.. Always something more important to me.

Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing

scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into

the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again

I handed her a toothbrush.

I said, "When you finish cutting the

grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, DWB said:

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed.

But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat,

making beer.. Always something more important to me.

Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing

scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into

the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again

I handed her a toothbrush.

I said, "When you finish cutting the

grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

You should always wait to ask your wife what is for dinner until after she is done mowing the yard.

A big city New York lawyer went duck hunting in rural Texas. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.
The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it."
The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."
The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."
The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Texas. We settle small disagreements like this with the Texas Three Kick Rule."
The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three Kick Rule?"
The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."
The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's shin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick landed square on the man's nose. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.
The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot, now it's my turn!"
The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Two hunters got a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose. They bagged six. As they started loading the plane for the return trip, the pilot said the plane could take only four moose. The two lads objected strongly.

“Last year we shot six and the pilot let us put them all on board. He had the same plane as yours”
Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded. However, even with full power, the little plane could not handle the load and went down a few moments after take-off.

Climbing out of the wreckage, Brian asked Tommy, “Any idea where we are?”
“I think we’re pretty close to where we crashed last year Brian”

• Haha 4

From Wikipedia: "Tobin Anderson (born December 1, 1971) is an American basketball coach who is the current head coach of the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights men's basketballteam.[1] Anderson is also the owner of the Purdue University Men’s Basketball Program."

posted this on the basketball board, in case any of you animals don’t visit that board.  

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, DWB said:

Oh....the smart Gen Z'ers and Millenials.

image.thumb.png.8eabadd7bb2191a24c87e4782fda68ba.png

There’s a long standing story my son, daughter and her friend have about me! On a vacation trip we stopped to get something to eat. My son was eating something I was not familiar with. I asked him what it was? It was so foreign to me I asked him to repeat it. About the third time he thinking it was because I couldn’t hear, yelled “BAGEL DOG!”

• Haha 1