Comic relief

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I don't have a gas stove but support those that do. 

Screenshot-20230112-161719.thumb.png.5b212d47cba04b79459a4a3a2a2f7f82.png

I prefer a gas stove over electric for cooking and making espresso. We unfortunately have an electric. 

Also, this kerfuffle seems to be manufactured to get people’s panties in a wad:

THE FACTS: The White House says President Joe Biden would not support a ban, and the commission, an independent agency, says no such ban is in the works. 

“I am not looking to ban gas stoves and the CPSC has no proceeding to do so,” CPSC Chair Alex Hoehn-Saric said in a statement on Wednesday.

“To be clear, CPSC isn’t coming for anyone’s gas stoves,” he wrote. “Regulations apply to new products.”

Despite this, news of a potential “gas stove ban” continued to spread in headlines and on social media. Some users, including Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, shared an old photo of first lady Jill Biden cooking on a gas stove, suggesting hypocrisy.

“The federal government has no business telling American families how to cook their dinner. I can tell you the last thing that would ever leave my house is the gas stove that we cook on,” West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin tweeted Tuesday.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-united-states-government-us-consumer-product-safety-commission-ap-fact-check-texas-2003dcf8d0bee8ddf45080186b2e0c7b

I really wish politicians would spend more time doing productive things (HA!), rather than lathering up their bases.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I prefer a gas stove over electric for cooking and making espresso. We unfortunately have an electric. 

https://apnews.com/article/biden-united-states-government-us-consumer-product-safety-commission-ap-fact-check-texas-2003dcf8d0bee8ddf45080186b2e0c7b

I really wish politicians would spend more time doing productive things (HA!), rather than lathering up their bases.

Oh no doubt. Worst case scenario they put regulations on them to where they suck so bad noone wants them anyway. Like HE washing machines. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Oh no doubt. Worst case scenario they put regulations on them to where they suck so bad noone wants them anyway. Like HE washing machines. 

Or the new automatic dryers that always stop when your clothes are just the right level of damp. 

I don’t even use our dryer anymore - just hang the clothes on a drying rack. Also helps with the dry air in our apartment. 

• Like 3

On 1/15/2023 at 6:57 PM, Lostin76 said:

While Biden may claim he isn’t your article directly references (SF, LA, NY) some municipalities are banning them. (California starting in 2030 will no longer be allowed to purchase new gas stoves) New York and Oregon haven similar legislation being proposed and pushed in new buildings etc so it isn’t hard fetched to see where the confusion has started especially with how the govt handled the report. Whether it is Biden or not states are trying to do it so if you want to keep buying gas stoves or you enjoy gas cooked food in many of your fine dining restaurants well you have a choice to push back. May not effect too many people but I don’t blame those that don’t like it for being vocal. A lot of things on the right or left get pushed through without the public being aware or having a say so I’d rather see passion then apathy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

While Biden may claim he isn’t your article directly references (SF, LA, NY) some municipalities are banning them. (California starting in 2030 will no longer be allowed to purchase new gas stoves) New York and Oregon haven similar legislation being proposed and pushed in new buildings etc so it isn’t hard fetched to see where the confusion has started especially with how the govt handled the report. Whether it is Biden or not states are trying to do it so if you want to keep buying gas stoves or you enjoy gas cooked food in many of your fine dining restaurants well you have a choice to push back. May not effect too many people but I don’t blame those that don’t like it for being vocal. A lot of things on the right or left get pushed through without the public being aware or having a say so I’d rather see passion then apathy.

But it’s not confusion. These news anchors are not dumb. They know what they are doing. And that’s stirring up people who won’t take the time to research it. Are they bad for you? Maybe? Are a lot of things we do bad for us? Certainly. 

But I’m just so sick of the media using these pretty much nothing burger things to divide us.