Comic relief

16 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Rich, but stupid, man buys a new toy and gets upset that no one wants to play with him. 

Poor little Richie Rich. 

55AE79C9-5D0E-488E-81BA-4391D17D0053.jpeg

Company is losing $4M/day and the employees are crying they can't work from home, have to work long hours or are getting fired. These people that worked an hour a day from home the for the last 2 years are the crybabies. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

Company is losing $4M/day and the employees are crying they can't work from home, have to work long hours or are getting fired. These people that worked an hour a day from home the for the last 2 years are the crybabies. 

Twitter schooled Elon and he was forced into a bad deal. That’s on him.

I’m not sure how many Twitter employees you know personally, but I know two here in NYC who are still employed. They make an extremely generous salary in the six figures - a bit more than I do. However, I only work 35-40 hours a week and can work from home 2-3 days a week. I log off at 4 or 5pm and don’t have to check my email on the weekends. 

The two Twitter employees I know work insane hours, probably close to 80-100 hours a week and their schedules are very unpredictable. I would not do those jobs for any amount of money. They have late evening mandatory calls and are often required to work weekends. They do have to work very long hours and lots of them. Very high pressure and tight deadlines. 

But sure, please continue worshipping an idiot who overpaid for something and is now trying to blame his employees, advertisers, and *checks notes* activists. Richie Rich has one person to blame for this and it’s him. He cries about destroying free speech, but advertisers and departing users are exercising just that. 

I honestly can’t figure out the obsession that people have with rich dumbasses like Elon over workers. 

3 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I’m not sure how many Twitter employees you know personally, but I know two here in NYC who are still employed. They make an extremely generous salary in the six figures - a bit more than I do. However, I only work 35-40 hours a week and can work from home 2-3 days a week. I log off at 4 or 5pm and don’t have to check my email on the weekends. 

The two Twitter employees I know work insane hours, probably close to 80-100 hours a week and their schedules are very unpredictable. I would not do those jobs for any amount of money. They have late evening mandatory calls and are often required to work weekends. They do have to work very long hours and lots of them. Very high pressure and tight deadlines. 

But sure, please continue worshipping an idiot who overpaid for something and is now trying to blame his employees, advertisers, and *checks notes* activists. Richie Rich has one person to blame for this and it’s him. He cries about destroying free speech, but advertisers and departing users are exercising just that. 

I honestly can’t figure out the obsession that people have with rich dumbasses like Elon over workers. 

It's a dang shame that they would decide to continue collecting a very generous paycheck from such a despicable work environment, from home.

If you speak to them and are true friends, you might suggest to them that Florida has a lot of better opportunity. I mean, if you are truly a friend. If you are not, then I understand just letting them wallow in their pain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Why would you say that I worship Elon Musk? That has no basis in reality. I do give him credit as an entrepreneur but I purposefully bought a non Tesla electric vehicle. I'm not on Twitter. I was merely trying to bring in the perspective of the employee to balance out your take. 

Like this one who hated the company a few days ago-

https://twitter.com/kindseylander/status/1586809967431933952

But then cries when she gets fired and realizes a little too late what a "special" company it was. 

image.png.9ef63f29e352525c56e6a8abcb381ba6.png

Edited by Reacher

I only know this...

I'm all for free speech, even if I don't like what's being said...

As far as Musk and his losses on the Twitter investment go, I can only think back to what HL Hunt said when he was told that his son, Lamar, was losing a million dollars a year in the early days of the AFL on the Kansas City Chiefs...

"Well, I guess in 100 years he'll be broke, won't he?" 

At 4 million dollars a day, Musk can hold out by my calculations for 136 years... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Reacher said:

Why would you say that I worship Elon Musk? That has no basis in reality. I do give him credit as an entrepreneur but I purposefully bought a non Tesla electric vehicle. I'm not on Twitter. I was merely trying to bring in the perspective of the employee to balance out your take. 

Like this one who hated the company a few days ago-

https://twitter.com/kindseylander/status/1586809967431933952

But then cries when she gets fired and realizes a little too late what a "special" company it was. 

image.png.9ef63f29e352525c56e6a8abcb381ba6.png

It’s a weird flex making fun of people who are losig their jobs, but you do you. 

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I only know this...

I'm all for free speech, even if I don't like what's being said...

As far as Musk and his losses on the Twitter investment go, I can only think back to what HL Hunt said when he was told that his son, Lamar, was losing a million dollars a year in the early days of the AFL on the Kansas City Chiefs...

"Well, I guess in 100 years he'll be broke, won't he?" 

At 4 million dollars a day, Musk can hold out by my calculations for 136 years... 

Oh certainly, he can bleed out for years and not even flinch. It’s just funny  - like watching the rich guy who really enjoyed the neighborhood bar so much that he bought it and then realized everyone hates him and he has to clean up puke every night. 

• 2 weeks later...