Comic relief

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not that NAP, but I remember waking up after a 30 hr trip thinking I was still in Russia and I’d been kidnapped! No clue where I was! Then I remembered that I had gotten so tired I had pulled into a rest area to nap. Was a pretty scary 30 seconds!

Maybe you kidnapped yourself ! :D

When I was on the road a bunch, like you, I'd wake up and try to remember WTH I was. After a time I came to realize the more important question was "is the bathroom on the right or the left of the bed".

• Haha 2

The year I was in Greenland, you had 3 months in the winter where it was dark all of the time, and 3 months in the summer where it was light all the time...

I'd come back to my dorm after a day shift and take a nap... Wake up, look at the clock, and if it said 4, the first question was, "ok, which one?" 

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The year I was in Greenland, you had 3 months in the winter where it was dark all of the time, and 3 months in the summer where it was light all the time...

I'd come back to my dorm after a day shift and take a nap... Wake up, look at the clock, and if it said 4, the first question was, "ok, which one?" 

Doesn’t the military use a 24 hour time?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You ever watch Sgt. Bilko with Steve Martin?  Never knew we had a presence in Greenland but for that movie. 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Avalanche announcer drinks partners tobacco spit by mistake.

Not the same but when I was in college I swallowed a dip with a sip of Captain Morgan. A couple months later my truck wouldn't start and I unknowingly dumped a coke can full of dip spit on my battery post. 

Wintergreen smells and spiced rum still make me gag or puke. 

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 4:28 PM, DWB said:

Maybe you kidnapped yourself ! :D

When I was on the road a bunch, like you, I'd wake up and try to remember WTH I was. After a time I came to realize the more important question was "is the bathroom on the right or the left of the bed".

Oh my hy goodness, that battle is real.

I am in a different hotel 3 or 4 nights a week.

2am the bladder gives out and its pure panic mode.

1. Which side of the bed do o get off.

2. Is the bathroom on the right or left side as I walk

3 and the worst....where is the damn light switch!

These are real struggles of a travelling job!

• Haha 2

When I was in college I had a really sweet job traveling the country teaching method 9 EPA emissions classes. I was too young to wake up an pee in the middle of the night. 

But being a small town kid I did have some new experiences.  I ran in to hookers and my boss offered to buy me a prostitute in Little Rock. Spent a couple weekends in the French Quarter.  Was the only white guy at a birthday party for a gay guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Oh my hy goodness, that battle is real.

I am in a different hotel 3 or 4 nights a week.

2am the bladder gives out and its pure panic mode.

1. Which side of the bed do o get off.

2. Is the bathroom on the right or left side as I walk

3 and the worst....where is the damn light switch!

These are real struggles of a travelling job!

I leave the bathroom light on, problems solved!

• Haha 2