The OFFICIAL IU versus Iowa game thread.

Guys.  The mod team had a lively discussion today about when and who should start the game threads.  Consensus was two hours before game time.... and a member should start the thread.

Well, it is less than one hour to game time.  And still no thread.  In the past, members have asked me why... no thread.  So I have started the last couple of threads.... though I would prefer a member to do so. 

Also, we would like a member to start a post game thread as well. 

And feel free, especially if you are not on a phone to post your game thoughts on our exclusive chat feature. Either is ok with us.  Just want to hear from you.

So.... in honor of tonight's game, and the 1992 team.... I will get this show on the road.

Indiana will honor 1992 Final Four Team with Reunion 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If we don’t do a better job guarding the three point line than we have so far this season, we’re headed for our third straight loss.  Iowa is shooting 39.7% on threes this season, which puts them at 48th in the country in 3FG%.  Can’t get torched from deep again.

I agree.  Counter point to that, is that Iowa is also very bad at turn overs.  Believe it or not.... they are committing more turnovers than IU. 

21 unforced turnovers against TCU.... as an example.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

To avoid any confusion, either a mod or a member is free to start a game thread a couple hours or so before a game.

Not a hard and fast rule, we just want to make sure we've got a game thread up on game day for discussion. 

Yep. Our preference as a mod team is to have a member start a game thread approx 2 hours before game time. And to have a member start a post game thread as well.   I started this one tonight, as we had not made the member's aware of our desires.  Thanks for backing up, what we talked, as a mod team today. 

While a fairly controversial player, I think Blackmon would have helped us in view of our shooting woes.  Blackmon struggled in many ways, but you could count on him as a shooter.  And he left to play in the G League.  He may have developed here nicely, especially defensively because I think Archie could have reasoned with him.  

Regarding our D, I get that people are focused on defending the three, but I do not think we are playing the pack line well yet anyway.  We aren’t defending penetration and the paint anywhere near the level what we want yet.  If you look at Wisconsin or Bennett’s D’s they would just frustrate opponents from penetrating into the lane.   I don’t see that in any way, shape, or form.  So, I’d say our D is leaky both ways.  

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep. Our preference as a mod team is to have a member start a game thread approx 2 hours before game time. And to have a member start a post game thread as well.   I started this one tonight, as we had not made the member's aware of our desires.  Thanks for backing up, what we talked, as a mod team today. 

Well, our preference as a mod team is that either a mod or a member start  a game thread appx 2 hours before game time and that either a mod or a member start a post-game thread! 

Guys, it's all about getting the threads up for everyone to participate. That's it.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Morgan is our best player.  

He's certainly playing like it so far. 

Funny how fickle fans can be though -- early in the season people were saying he was underwhelming and disappointing. Now he's our best player, lol.

This is why I try to take the long view and not get caught up in a few games. Guys will have up and down games, it's about how they perform, and grow, over the season.

Archived