National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Heard that

Urban Meyer's daughter had a little mistake. She tweeted out something along these lines yesterday saying don't blame Covid for wanting to delay game if the real reason is Hurts has hurt ribs and they want to buy more time for him.

16 hours ago, rico said:

Tennessee puts a freeze on hiring.  NCAA infractions.

Dan Patrick was saying earlier that he's hearing Tennessee is in serious trouble....and that Georgia has problems coming soon too. My guess is some Florida booster got the goods to someone so UF can control the East for a few seasons.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Dan Patrick was saying earlier that he's hearing Tennessee is in serious trouble....and that Georgia has problems coming soon too. My guess is some Florida booster got the goods to someone so UF can control the East for a few seasons.

I can't speak for UGA, but if Tennessee has been cheating...they don't have many wins to show for it.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I can't speak for UGA, but if Tennessee has been cheating...they don't have many wins to show for it.

That's the part I never get. If you go down that path at least do it the Auburn way and get a title out of it. Cheating and playing in the Liberty Bowl doesn't make much sense to me.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

tf does "serious" trouble even mean? I mean.. seriously lol 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

If hierarchy was smart they would hold off on everything and if they find the "goods" terminate the whole staff for cause....similar to what Fred did with Wilson. Find what you need. Fire for cause and move along. 

Of course UT doesn't necessarily have the best reputation going inside their AD/Trustees/Presidents,etc.....shoot remember when they offered Brohm a deal but didn't have permission for the $? I love me some Rocky Top but some of the folks they have running the school are just dumb. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If hierarchy was smart they would hold off on everything and if they find the "goods" terminate the whole staff for cause....similar to what Fred did with Wilson. Find what you need. Fire for cause and move along. 

Of course UT doesn't necessarily have the best reputation going inside their AD/Trustees/Presidents,etc.....shoot remember when they offered Brohm a deal but didn't have permission for the $? I love me some Rocky Top but some of the folks they have running the school are just dumb. 

image.jpeg.5945779f64782e86eb242259dfd29649.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty sure the whole Brohm thing was a complete hoax stirred up by the Brohm people to get more money out of Purdue. Fairly confident here. 

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Only reason I am is the Brother in Law is a Purdue grad (don't worry my sister was raised correctly) but he has a friend that's pretty high up at Purdue. I could be wrong.. who knows though. 

but yes, the UT football coaching search was an absolute disaster. Don't kid ourselves though... they are a true sleeping giant. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Only reason I am is the Brother in Law is a Purdue grad (don't worry my sister was raised correctly) but he has a friend that's pretty high up at Purdue. I could be wrong.. who knows though. 

but yes, the UT football coaching search was an absolute disaster. Don't kid ourselves though... they are a true sleeping giant. 

UT could absolutely be the giant again and I'd love it. They are one of 5-6 programs that if they could just get out of their own way they could rise back up. Texas, Tennessee, USC, UCLA, my Canes,etc...

Archived