National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'd say if ML was any position but QB we recruit him. Just only get to play one. Idk.. who knows. But Michael and Branson can flat out play. 

The problem with ML his primary position was QB, however, Combs could play any position( excluding O linemen and QB) and still put up good numbers. I recall that the GS-Memorial  he played RB a few snaps, but averaged 22 y/pc. Even his Brother, Brock was a beast at the DE/RB position at a decent size of 6’1 240. That family is so athletic, and the next Combs Brother is about to come to Memorial, who is a mixed between his older brothers.

Lindauer, like I said, only played QB, but there was a couple of times in the 2018 season he was at WR just for a snap. ML had an extremely gifted arm so we did not use him at all for any other position. And was definitely one of the best QBs in his position(#19 in dual threat ESPN). Though he did play safety his freshman year I think. But man we do miss him, but Pence was really good this year and last year(41-13 career TD/INT). This season will be interesting at the QB position because no one knows who will be the starter

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The problem with ML his primary position was QB, however, Combs could play any position( excluding O linemen and QB) and still put up good numbers. I recall that the GS-Memorial  he played RB a few snaps, but averaged 22 y/pc. Even his Brother, Brock was a beast at the DE/RB position at a decent size of 6’1 240. That family is so athletic, and the next Combs Brother is about to come to Memorial, who is a mixed between his older brothers.

Lindauer, like I said, only played QB, but there was a couple of times in the 2018 season he was at WR just for a snap. ML had an extremely gifted arm so we did not use him at all for any other position. And was definitely one of the best QBs in his position(#19 in dual threat ESPN). Though he did play safety his freshman year I think. But man we do miss him, but Pence was really good this year and last year(41-13 career TD/INT). This season will be interesting at the QB position because no one knows who will be the starter

Combs doesn't have the foot speed to play in the B1G. We couldn't block Brock at all... he certainly wasn't 240 when we played him though... Maybe 6'2/6'3 215. Soooo fast off the ball though. 

Guess I'm favoring(not cheering for) Ohio State.  A win would be the most beneficial for IU.  Y'all know how this works for rankings next year.  Losing to Ole Miss was a stain but playing the national champion closer than anyone else is a nice way to finish out the season and be talked about heading into next year.  

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Guess I'm favoring(not cheering for) Ohio State.  A win would be the most beneficial for IU.  Y'all know how this works for rankings next year.  Losing to Ole Miss was a stain but playing the national champion closer than anyone else is a nice way to finish out the season and be talked about heading into next year.  

Honestly, I am cheering for tOSU to win by double digits.

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Real tough one for me. I despise Ohio St almost as much as Notre Dame. I also think Saban has backed into more titles than anyone because of the BCS, playoff ranking system,etc....getting so many chances with 1 loss teams.

I think I'll go Bama because I don't want the idiots outside of Chicago pointing their fingers and saying see...see..we told you there was a reason we changed our rules for Ohio St,etc...

I'll say Bama 45 Ohio St 34

Archived