National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Third down pass play was questionable call, I thought, on UC's part.  That stopped the clock and gave UGA plenty of time to get into field goal range after UC fourth down punt.  UC defense couldn't get the big play to stop UGA.

I’m still questioning that play call, why would you throw it on an 3rd and 2, even though your run game was pretty well

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’m still questioning that play call, why would you throw it on an 3rd and 2, even though your run game was pretty well

UGA had no TOs left.  The clock is the key at that point, IMO.  You run that third down... let the clock run down... punt...and you likely have less than 60 sec left.  But that was UC's choice...and the kid was open, but UGA made a great recovery and defensive play to break up the pass...and stop the clock.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Should've known ND wouldn't put up a fight. 

If Saban and Bama wants to do a Jimmy Johnson/Gerry Faust it would be fine by me. ND is 0-6 in last Playoff/BCS,etc....type games with getting beat by at least 2 TD's in each. Hope CFP committee remembers how embarrassing it is to run this team out there.

At this point Bama 70-13 is my call but that's if Saban calls off the dogs early in the 3rd. 

Notre Dame exposed as the farce they are. Any time they are asked to step up against the big boys they show that they don’t belong. They made the playoffs by reputation only. 

Brian Kelly’s rant about not playing if fans/families weren’t allowed to attend just illustrates the arrogance that is ND. No other institution made a similar request. As much as I detest both Alabama and Ohio State, their coaches were not as pompous as Kelly 

ND in BCS games since 1994:

1994 Fiesta Bowl- 41-24 L to Colorado

1995 Orange Bowl- 31-26 L toFlorida State

2000 Fiesta Bowl- 41-9 L to Oregon State

2005 Fiesta Bowl- 34-20 L to Ohio State

2006 Sugar Bowl- 41–14 L to LSU

2012 BCS Championship- 42-14 L to Alabama

2015 Fiesta Bowl- 44-28 L to Ohio State

2018 Cotton Bowl- 30-3 L to Clemson

Tonight- Down 31-7 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

ND in BCS games since 1994:

1994 Fiesta Bowl- 41-24 L to Colorado

1995 Orange Bowl- 31-26 L toFlorida State

2000 Fiesta Bowl- 41-9 L to Oregon State

2005 Fiesta Bowl- 34-20 L to Ohio State

2006 Sugar Bowl- 41–14 L to LSU

2012 BCS Championship- 42-14 L to Alabama

2015 Fiesta Bowl- 44-28 L to Ohio State

2018 Cotton Bowl- 30-3 L to Clemson

Tonight- Down 31-7 

Since 2000, they've been outscored by 144 points.  That's 24 points per game.  An average score of roughly 15-39.  The most points they've score is 28, and the fewest they've allowed is 30.

In case people don't remember how long ago that was, their game is 2000 was on January 2nd.  One day after the Y2K scare.  That's a long time ago.

I'd like to think at some point the committee would catch on to the fact that they need to treat ND like a Group of 5 team until they actually show up in a big game.  The committee will never do that though.

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Since 2000, they've been outscored by 144 points.  That's 24 points per game.  An average score of roughly 15-39.  The most points they've score is 28, and the fewest they've allowed is 30.

In case people don't remember how long ago that was, their game is 2000 was on January 2nd.  One day after the Y2K scare.  That's a long time ago.

I'd like to think at some point the committee would catch on to the fact that they need to treat ND like a Group of 5 team until they actually show up in a big game.  The committee will never do that though.

Yikes!

Archived