National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

You don’t have to convince me!  I was just told to keep an eye on that one if it opens.

Hopefully that isn’t true.

I honestly think most SEC programs want a proven coach that’s won conference championships. 

TN reminds me of Auburn. They’ve had more drama than wins recently. 

Dabo Swinney's Coaches Poll ballot

1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Notre Dame 4. Texas A&M 5. Florida 6. Georgia 7. Cincinnati 8. Oklahoma 9. Iowa State 10. Coastal Carolina 11. Ohio State 12. North Carolina 13. Brigham Young 14. Indiana 15. Miami (Fla.) 16. Louisiana-Lafayette 17. Oklahoma State 18. North Carolina State 19. Northwestern 20. Southern California 21. Texas 22. Iowa 23. Liberty 24. San Jose State 25. Army

So I have a couple questions for ND coming out of the season.

Does ND decide to create a custom deal with the ACC to keep football in conference?  Retain NBC rights and come up with a way to make it work?  I think they are better off playing in the conference than not.

Second, does the BIG try and expand and get ND and another team to join and keep ND geographically where they belong?  I don’t think would want anything to do with the BIG but just curious if this year will be the year they realize being independent isn’t worth continuing.

I read the other day ratings for ND games has been way up and a lot specualate it’s because of playing conference games.  Part of it definitely could be Covid but I am curious how it will play out.

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

So I have a couple questions for ND coming out of the season.

Does ND decide to create a custom deal with the ACC to keep football in conference?  Retain NBC rights and come up with a way to make it work?  I think they are better off playing in the conference than not.

Second, does the BIG try and expand and get ND and another team to join and keep ND geographically where they belong?  I don’t think would want anything to do with the BIG but just curious if this year will be the year they realize being independent isn’t worth continuing.

I read the other day ratings for ND games has been way up and a lot specualate it’s because of playing conference games.  Part of it definitely could be Covid but I am curious how it will play out.

1.  I would be surprised if the Irish joined the ACC full time.

2.  I think the B1G has been looking at expansion and the Irish turn on TV sets.

3.  The Irish have a national following aside.  Lots of issues with Covid.

Archived