National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have to say, I feel bad for Trask.  A month ago he was projected as a top 15 pick and the favorite to win the Heisman.  Now he's not going to win the Heisman, and the last month can't be helping his draft stock.

I don't feel bad for Florida at all though.  They shouldn't even be in this game, so screw them.

I don't follow Florida football at all, and don't know much about Mullen, but after the little bit I've seen about this game, I don't think he'll last in Florida. Just so weak.

They only had 3 practices leading up to the bowl game, had tons of opt outs, and you could tell nobody cared. He said before the LSU game that he thought they'd still make the playoffs with a loss to LSU and a win over Bama, and they played like they didn't care against LSU. He's setting up to have a really mentally weak team, and I see things going poorly in the future for him.

Could you imagine Allen doing anything like that? Or having a team quit on him before the bowl game? Different circumstances obviously, but I can't imagine that ever happening to someone who is invested in their players.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't follow Florida football at all, and don't know much about Mullen, but after the little bit I've seen about this game, I don't think he'll last in Florida. Just so weak.

They only had 3 practices leading up to the bowl game, had tons of opt outs, and you could tell nobody cared. He said before the LSU game that he thought they'd still make the playoffs with a loss to LSU and a win over Bama, and they played like they didn't care against LSU. He's setting up to have a really mentally weak team, and I see things going poorly in the future for him.

Could you imagine Allen doing anything like that? Or having a team quit on him before the bowl game? Different circumstances obviously, but I can't imagine that ever happening to someone who is invested in their players.

Spot on. The road to greatness isn't paved and you have to work through adversity no matter what. Allowing excuses, weakness, and doubt creep into the program does not lend itself to becoming a productive, championship-caliber program.

Coach Allen would never let that happen and its a testament to his mental fortitude and drive. Last year's bowl loss to UT could've been disastrous beyond the (painful) final score. But CTA is invested in the program and the players and decided to use that game as a learning tool and stepping stone towards something better.

Archived