Do you My Pillow ?

I was skeptical at first but thought I'd try one as I've went through a bunch of pillows that were never really comfortable. They do work. Like @Joe_Hoopsier, I've had mine for a couple years. They are also washable which is nice. Key is getting the right fill for your size and sleeping pattern. I can notice the difference in my wifes which has a different fill and it doesn't work as good for me.

Had one years ago, if I remember right, back then I had to use my weight and how I slept (I roll all over at night so just “guessed”)

It was nice and lasted awhile.  Never got another one because couldn’t afford it. Have thought about it lately though. 😊

14 minutes ago, rd726 said:

Had one years ago, if I remember right, back then I had to use my weight and how I slept (I roll all over at night so just “guessed”)

It was nice and lasted awhile.  Never got another one because couldn’t afford it. Have thought about it lately though. 😊

I am with you.  We bought four a few years back. I could not sleep on mine.  Mrs. mile still uses hers.  I got a pillow at Target, for less the one third the price.  That I can sleep on.

And I don't know about any one else.  I am sick and tired of seeing the My Pillow commercials constantly.... day and night.  The latest one where he says...."I am interrupting this commercial"...  for another commercial ....is over the top IMHO.

I don't my pillow, but my dad had one. He said it was just ok. I didn't really like the feel of it, but that was just feeling it. I never actually slept on it.

A few years ago I decided to spend for a nice pillow because I was waking up with neck pain. I spent about $200 for a nice memory foam pillow, and it still feels just like it did when I bought it a few years ago. No neck pain since I've had it.  Well worth the money.

https://www.maloufsleep.com/products/z-carbon-cool-pillow/

35 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

sheets

Oh my what a good point. Being a farm kid that really tends to not "go" for the fancy stuff out of nature, I had an X that HAD to have 1000 thread count sheets at a min. Back then, they were 300-400$ and no way I would spend that (nor could I). Well guess what, she bought a set. The only good thing out of that damn relationship was finding good sheets. It's the only way to roll (no pun intended).

47 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I don’t have one, but I’d like to get some of those Giza sheets they have been advertising. 

I find it ironic.  He preaches.... made in America.  Yet goes to Africa for material for his sheets.  Come on, man !

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I am with you.  We bought four a few years back. I could not sleep on mine.  Mrs. mile still uses hers.  I got a pillow at Target, for less the one third the price.  That I can sleep on.

And I don't know about any one else.  I am sick and tired of seeing the My Pillow commercials constantly.... day and night.  The latest one where he says...."I am interrupting this commercial"...  for another commercial ....is over the top IMHO.

I’ve heard more bad reviews on the my pillow so I’ve avoided it. I need to stay cool at night, so i invested in the cooling gel memory foam pillow. It cost $115 but man is it worth it. I’ve had mine for 5 years now, and it still gets cool and holds form. And yes you can wash it.

Just now, Milosh68 said:

I’ve heard more bad reviews on the my pillow so I’ve avoided it. I need to stay cool at night, so i invested in the cooling gel memory foam pillow. It cost $115 but man is it worth it. I’ve had mine for 5 years now, and it still gets cool and holds form. And yes you can wash it.

Never heard of the cooling gel memory foam pillow.  I need to cool off at night as well.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will be checking it out, thanks to you.

I initially wanted a "My Pillow" and even hinted to the family, but never got one...I wasn't going to buy one for myself...Always thought they were a little pricey...

Since, I bought these pillows from Costco, and I really like them. Bought the King size. Cool, and comfy...

As far as the "My Pillow" goes, I've heard differing opinions, just as there is in this thread. I will say, the guy is a marketing genius. Catchy jingle, comes across as honest and committed, and invests a LOT of money in commercials.

I'm not saying this is the case with the "My Pillow" but I've come to discover that many times when people buy something that's a little pricey for what they're buying, they're going to say it's great no matter what...

I'm honest with people when they ask about things like that. I bought a John Deere lawn tractor about 5 years ago. I've kept the spindles greased, done all the maintenance, but it seems like I'm always having to replace something on it. Spindles, belts, pulleys, tires...I wish I would have bought something else.

I bought a Dyson vacuum back in 2004. I was told by more than a few people it was a waste of $400. I've replaced the belt once in 16 years, replaced the filter, and empty it when it's 3/4 full. Best suction on a vacuum I've ever seen, and runs as good today as the day we bought it...

19 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Exactly what kind did you get? Sounds like what I need?

5 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Exactly what kind did you get? Sounds like what I need?

I can’t remember the name now, but it was purchased at bed bath & beyond. The best thing about it is when your head is on it, it stays cool on one side for 7-10 min,then flip it over to the other side. I usually just repeat a few times until I’m out 😊  i think they have 2-3 different options at that store. But you probably can’t go wrong with any of the gel cooled memory pillows. Unless they’re a knockoff at Walmart...

Archived