Fletcher Loyer-2022

rico

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Interesting.  He should form a formidable duo with Luke Goode. 

Which brings me to a few questions:

1)  Is his transfer due to a job change for his father/mother?  (GM?)

2)  Is his transfer due to the covid/sports situation in Michigan?

3)  Is his transfer due to just playing with Luke?  (Illinois?)

6 hours ago, rico said:

I would guess 2.  I have a friend who is transferring back to Indiana at least for the first semester so he can play football.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:30 AM, rico said:

1) No

2) That is part of it

3) No

Family move was important. His sister is a big time volleyball player. She is transferring to Concordia FW where her cousin/aunt coaches. Fletcher is transferring to Homestead. He has already started work outs with the team. And yes, his brother plays for Izzo. 

I am pretty close to his family. His dad used to be a scout for the Blazers and so the family always had Blazers gear when I was in HS. 

3 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

1) No

2) That is part of it

3) No

Family move was important. His sister is a big time volleyball player. She is transferring to Concordia FW where her cousin/aunt coaches. Fletcher is transferring to Homestead. He has already started work outs with the team. And yes, his brother plays for Izzo. 

I am pretty close to his family. His dad used to be a scout for the Blazers and so the family always had Blazers gear when I was in HS. 

I really like him and would love to land him. I read that his moms family is from Lafayette area so that hopefully can help us a bit. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Can we get a Fort Wayne kid?  I got to believe Sparty is in the lead on this one.

I'd have to agree with you. Although i would put this in the same bucket as the Davis kid from Indianapolis who has a brother at Louisville. If the older brother has a good experience at MSU/Louisville it is going to be tough to pull the younger brother away. If older brother has a bad experience (i.e. Jeremiah Rivers haha), things could be wide open.

9 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

I'd have to agree with you. Although i would put this in the same bucket as the Davis kid from Indianapolis who has a brother at Louisville. If the older brother has a good experience at MSU/Louisville it is going to be tough to pull the younger brother away. If older brother has a bad experience (i.e. Jeremiah Rivers haha), things could be wide open.

That makes sense, but how often does it actually play out that way? I immediately think of the Zellers and Watfords, I think all of them had great college experiences, but didn't follow each other. I feel like brothers who are close enough in age to actually play together often end up at the same place, but if there's a bit more of a gap, then they don't.

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

That makes sense, but how often does it actually play out that way? I immediately think of the Zellers and Watfords, I think all of them had great college experiences, but didn't follow each other. I feel like brothers who are close enough in age to actually play together often end up at the same place, but if there's a bit more of a gap, then they don't.

The Plumlee's....

3 hours ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

Maybe.  I mean Christian Watford had a pretty good experience at Indiana and his brother went elsewhere.  Think it just depends on the kid.

I think every kid is different. Team roster makeup, style fit, college academic fit, and personality....heck a lot of factors and I'm sure some will match up with their brother and some not. Some may want to make their own path and some like the legacy aspect and knowing the coaches/relationships there. Kid will let us know if he is open to recruitment...if he is...Archie will be on him.

Instate versus national recruits may play a big role in some of the above situations.  If IU had a better culture and coaching situation in place when the older Zeller brothers were being recruited,  might that have made a difference?  Conversely, Christian Watford had a great experience at IU, but his family had little to no interest in traveling that far to watch Trendon play.  

Every case and family are different,  and some want to build on a legacy, while others want to blaze their own trail.  I always like our chances better with an instate recruit, and like it even better if that recruit and family are already familiar with the coach and culture.  Unfortunately,  due to our coaching turnover recently,  we have lacked that consistency to see the recruiting fruits realized.

Archived