Advice

Have you ever been given advice a long time ago that you still remember well all these years later. Heres 1 to start us.

Almost 30 years ago I walked into a bathroom at Ballantine Hall just as one of my professors did. He said let me give you some advice, " always use the end urinal 50% less chance of being pissed on." Every time I walk into a public restroom I hear those words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Have you ever been given advice a long time ago that you still remember well all these years later. Heres 1 to start us.

Almost 30 years ago I walked into a bathroom at Ballantine Hall just as one of my professors did. He said let me give you some advice, " always use the end urinal 50% less chance of being pissed on." Every time I walk into a public restroom I hear those words.

I wonder if that Professor ever made students take this quiz...😁

As far as advice goes, this was offered by one of my old bosses when he found out I was engaged to be married...

"If she can beat you in arm-wrasslin' and out run you, don't do it."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Grandpa told me.. boy, if there comes a time when you think you know it all, your about to die. So I suggest, you always keep an open mind and an eager willingness to learn.

That has stuck with me and I find it nearly impossible to shut my brain off. I only sleep 4-5 hours a night. Been that way since I can remember.

Not really advice from a buddy-

College buddy: you chase the wrong type of women. 

Me: yeah, why’s that?

Buddy: ‘cause you make things too difficult. It’s not that hard if you think about it.

Me: wait, why would I take advice from you? The girls you chase already have kids.

Buddy: way I see it, if she already has a kid, she must be easy. Plus, she has to have some food around for the brat.

Me: 🤦‍♂️ 

That dude has been through so many marriages. SMH

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Grandpa told me.. boy, if there comes a time when you think you know it all, your about to die. So I suggest, you always keep an open mind and an eager willingness to learn.

That has stuck with me and I find it nearly impossible to shut my brain off. I only sleep 4-5 hours a night. Been that way since I can remember.

Buddy: ‘cause you make things too difficult. It’s not that hard if you think about it.

Me: wait, why would I take advice from you? The girls you chase already have kids.

Buddy: way I see it, if she already has a kid, she must be easy. Plus, she has to have some food around for the brat.

So, you were college buddies with Fouls? 😁

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

I did not know that you and Fouls knew each other. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Aren’t you the one who talked about the old guy peeing in Morse Code? 
Do you have most of your memorable conversations in the bathroom?

• Haha 1

Just now, Drroogh said:

Aren’t you the one who talked about the old guy peeing in Morse Code? 
Do you have most of your memorable conversations in the bathroom?

great memory and why yes I do. When you are in sales and on the road a lot you spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Diet Mountain Dew is my down fall. In most parts of central Indiana just ask and I can tell you what bathrooms to use and which ones to stay away from. 

When I was young (like 7) I went to the basement and my Dad was working on Mom's old wringer washing machine. I ask him, "why don't you just call a repair guy to fix it?"

He replied: "Son, I might as well try to fix it and save myself some money, cause the repair guy isn't gonna charge me anymore if I F-it up, than if I called him in the first place."

That sage advice, has saved me Thousands of dollars over the years.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Looking back at this thread, amazed no one mentioned the immortal "Don't pee into the wind" and / or "Don't eat yellow snow". Advice I've carried with since I was a kid.

You a Jim Croce fan? I remember we had him in concert at Tri-State just a few weeks before his tragic end. Will always be a fan!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Sure. More of a casual, greatest hits type of fan of his. 

Remember listening to WILS one night out of Chicago: Frank Zappa came on. “Don’t eat the yellow snow” was mild to what came out! Will never forget the screech of the record when the DJ realized the number of F bombs coming out!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Remember listening to WILS one night out of Chicago: Frank Zappa came on. “Don’t eat the yellow snow” was mild to what came out! Will never forget the screech of the record when the DJ realized the number of F bombs coming out!

Grew up listening to WLS.  

• Like 3