IPFW Pregame Thread

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Don't let up. Win next 3 and we're 9-5. Who knows? BIG is weaker this season - I think we can win 11-12 games in conference and creep up to the all important 20 win plateau 

I think we will go 10-6 the rest of the conference season and be firmly on the bubble.  Like you said, we have to win the next three to set ourselves up for a post season chance.

14 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I think we will go 10-6 the rest of the conference season and be firmly on the bubble.  Like you said, we have to win the next three to set ourselves up for a post season chance.

Win a game or two in the BTT and we should be in. Taking the ISU game out of it, I think we'd have all said this was a decent non-conference showing for us. 

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Win a game or two in the BTT and we should be in. Taking the ISU game out of it, I think we'd have all said this was a decent non-conference showing for us. 

Definitely wouldn’t have been upset if you would have told me we would go 2-3 through this 5 game stretch before the season started.  If we don’t drop any of these upcoming gimme games and win our next 2 conference games, we’ll actually be putting together a pretty solid tournament resume.

6 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Definitely wouldn’t have been upset if you would have told me we would go 2-3 through this 5 game stretch before the season started.  If we don’t drop any of these upcoming gimme games and win our next 2 conference games, we’ll actually be putting together a pretty solid tournament resume.

I'll give you the gimmes and maybe Wisconsin but Minnesota is going to be a tough one to win. Not impossible, but they are a good team and we have historically struggled at their place 

40 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I'll give you the gimmes and maybe Wisconsin but Minnesota is going to be a tough one to win. Not impossible, but they are a good team and we have historically struggled at their place 

Definitely agree with you.  But if we want to get in the tournament, that game at Minnesota is going to be pretty big for our resume.  The home and away against MSU and the home game against Purdue are the only games left on the schedule against teams that are currently ranked.

I also feel better about how our style of play will travel on the road and at neutral sites now that the players seem to be adjusting to Archie ball.

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Definitely agree with you.  But if we want to get in the tournament, that game at Minnesota is going to be pretty big for our resume.  The home and away against MSU and the home game against Purdue are the only games left on the schedule against teams that are currently ranked.

I also feel better about how our style of play will travel on the road and at neutral sites now that the players seem to be adjusting to Archie ball.

I agree. I think our style of okay travels much better than under Crean. This team doesn't rely on shooting, which isn't a bad thing. 

If we can win at the Barn, that should give us 6 in a row which could eaisly turn to 8 in a row heading into the road game with MSU. Hard to imagine winning that, but ask me when we see sitting at 13-5 (5-1) how I feel about the game. 

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

IF IU loses this game after beating ND at a neutral site two days earlier, Archie will probably ruin his liver this season.

58 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Let's not be one of Crean's teams and overlook this game. Never thought a game against IPFW would be big, but this one is. Win this, then win the next few cupcakes before we head into the Big10 season. 

Could this be one of those "trap games"???

First of all WHAT A FRIGGIN' GREAT COMEBACK [AT LEAST 3 TIMES FROM DOUBLE DIGIT LEADS that were held by BY THE IRISH ] WIN !! Man- It felt like CHRISTMAS had already come after Saturday's game , VBG !!   MY prediction for tonight's game with Ft. Wayne per the system I use says IU will win 79 to 78 !!  Personally , I am hoping that it is a MUCH LARGER VICTORY THAN JUST ONE POINT !! If the IU players can't fired up enough to KICK FT. Wayne's collective arses after what happened in their house LAST SEASON when IU had to play without  Anunoby for 27 minutes and Collin Hartmann not playing at all , then[ in my mind ] this IU team has no HEART and NO STRONG sense of REVENGE !! REVENGE is sweet , baby !! I'm hoping IU puts a major hurting on Ft. Wayne !!

I'm looking forward to RoJo and any other guard to go off tonight.  My money is on Johnson.  Thinking about how quickly we went from Davis as our only go to guy against Duke, now the blow up of Morgan with Johnson hitting 50% from deep.  Need a last 10 games of last season Josh Newkirk to reemerge and this is suddenly a dangerous team.  

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

First of all WHAT A FRIGGIN' GREAT COMEBACK [AT LEAST 3 TIMES FROM DOUBLE DIGIT LEADS that were held by BY THE IRISH ] WIN !! Man- It felt like CHRISTMAS had already come after Saturday's game , VBG !!   MY prediction for tonight's game with Ft. Wayne per the system I use says IU will win 79 to 78 !!  Personally , I am hoping that it is a MUCH LARGER VICTORY THAN JUST ONE POINT !! If the IU players can't fired up enough to KICK FT. Wayne's collective arses after what happened in their house LAST SEASON when IU had to play without  Anunoby for 27 minutes and Collin Hartmann not playing at all , then[ in my mind ] this IU team has no HEART and NO STRONG sense of REVENGE !! REVENGE is sweet , baby !! I'm hoping IU puts a major hurting on Ft. Wayne !!

Ummm... No disrespect, but I think your system also had IU losing to ND???  VBG

Ft Wayne paper had an article from the Mastodons' perspective. This game was originally scheduled for 2019 but was pushed forward due to scheduling issues. They aren't thrilled with playing both UK and IU on the road in the same season but are using the UK game as giving them the experience to not be intimidated by the AH atmosphere. I hope not, but think that this is going to be a tougher game than we anticipate. 

Style points don't matter now. Get this win and move on.

Archived