Big Ten 2020-2021

27 minutes ago, madmax said:

Illinois looks legitimately good.. like Final 4 potential good. Big Ten is going to be absolutely brutal this year. Even Penn State, who was supposed to be worse this year, looks really good.

If IU doesn't get the needed production from RP & JH, this team will struggle to compete for 8th.Ā  They both are simply the one two punch that dictates the success of this IU team and so far I can't lean on any of the FroshĀ to pick up the loss of production.Ā  I can see 20 or 30 pt losses to Illinois, Iowa and MSU unless things change soon!Ā  Hope my pessimism is getting the best of me but just don't see it!Ā 

• Like 1

couldn't be any better!Ā  as long as Purdouche loses (and they blew a 20 point lead) and we win the rest, i'm good!Ā  so nice living in ACC country to have the B1G take it to them.Ā  Iowa is very good.Ā  they can shoot the lights out.Ā  were hot 1st half and cold 2nd, but they have multiple shooters, move the ball well, and they have Garza.Ā  if i were allowed to say they will kick us in the teeth, i would, but i'm going to be positive... we've got a chance!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

MSU vs UVA is cancelled

But you can count the MSU vs Duke as another B1G win if you want. How Purdue blew that lead is beyond me. I stopped watching at the half because Miami looked to be a TERRIBLE team. B1G is significantly better than ACC this year. Hope IU can add to that tonight.

8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

If IU doesn't get the needed production from RP & JH, this team will struggle to compete for 8th.Ā  They both are simply the one two punch that dictates the success of this IU team and so far I can't lean on any of the FroshĀ to pick up the loss of production.Ā  I can see 20 or 30 pt losses to Illinois, Iowa and MSU unless things change soon!Ā  Hope my pessimism is getting the best of me but just don't see it!Ā 

So we go 2-1 vs those three teams you mentioned last year with the 1 loss coming on 3 bad calls in last 30 seconds vs Illinois, return our entire core and now you think 30 point losses this year?

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

couldn't be any better!Ā  as long as Purdouche loses (and they blew a 20 point lead) and we win the rest, i'm good!Ā  so nice living in ACC country to have the B1G take it to them.Ā  Iowa is very good.Ā  they can shoot the lights out.Ā  were hot 1st half and cold 2nd, but they have multiple shooters, move the ball well, and they have Garza.Ā  if i were allowed to say they will kick us in the teeth, i would, but i'm going to be positive... we've got a chance!

Iowa is legit good.Ā  If they can stay out of the late season collapse, they are final 4 good

• Like 1

Coach K questions whether college basketball should take a timeout from playing games.Ā  Go to ESPN to see the short article.Ā  Basically he questions the safety for players, staff both physically and mentally at this time, especially viewing the next difficult 6 weeks of the pandemic.Ā  I could see both football and basketball being shutdown considering what we're seeing right now.

Edited by jv1972iu

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I know we canā€™t talk any crap, but Iā€™m glad duke has got their butts kicked by big ten teams.Ā 

Me too.Ā šŸ˜

This Duke team is not good though. Probably not even top 25 right now though they should get better over the season. Not to make excuses for K but having to try and bring such a young team up to speed under these conditions is....not ideal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

But you can count the MSU vs Duke as another B1G win if you want. How Purdue blew that lead is beyond me. I stopped watching at the half because Miami looked to be a TERRIBLE team. B1G is significantly better than ACC this year. Hope IU can add to that tonight.

That game reminded me of an IU game in the Mike Davis years. Dominate the first half, then score about 20 points in the second half and watch it improbably slip away.Ā 

Ā 

Purdue's only remaining non-conference games are Notre Dame and a home game with Indiana State. It's hard for me to see this team finishing above .500 in conference, but I'm sure Kenpom and the NET rankings will have their back like usual.Ā 

24 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That game reminded me of an IU game in the Mike Davis years. Dominate the first half, then score about 20 points in the second half and watch it improbably slip away.Ā 

Ā 

Purdue's only remaining non-conference games are Notre Dame and a home game with Indiana State. It's hard for me to see this team finishing above .500 in conference, but I'm sure Kenpom and the NET rankings will have their back like usual.Ā 

The B1G schedule will keep their RPI high. It will all come down to winning enough games in the B1G. Same for us. Big game for us tonight too.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I know we canā€™t talk any crap, but Iā€™m glad duke has got their butts kicked by big ten teams.Ā 

I haven't been the least bit impressed with either Duke or pUKe.Ā  Just goes to show, you can have all sorts of talent but you still have to play and coach the game.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Coach K questions whether college basketball should take a timeout from playing games.Ā  Go to ESPN to see the short article.Ā  Basically he questions the safety for players, staff both physically and mentally at this time, especially viewing the next difficult 6 weeks of the pandemic.Ā  I could see both football and basketball being shutdown considering what we're seeing right now.

Wonder how worried he wold be about player safety if they would have beaten MSU and UI

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wonder how worried he wold be about player safety if they would have beaten MSU and UI

My thought as well...all the whining about COVID is pathetic.Ā  Everyone has to deal with it.Ā  Sucks that your team of blue chippers isn't dealing with it as well, but that's on the guy that recruited, develops and coaches them.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

My thought as well...all the whining about COVID is pathetic.Ā  Everyone has to deal with it.Ā  Sucks that your team of blue chippers isn't dealing with it as well, but that's on the guy that recruited, develops and coaches them.

Coach K is the guy that quit on his team once he knew they were bad to have his back surgery. Then get all of those looses taken off of his coaching record.

• Like 1