'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

And there goes Gonzaga balling out

Didn't see the first half, but Gonzaga was pretty darn efficient this half.  They made that run at the end...boom 3...boom 3 and took the lead.  Suggs looks to be the real deal.

Edited by jv1972iu
I

11 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Probably...but I think they could give Michigan a good game.  😊

No doubt, but if you have to play UI, or MSU, Wisc... heck even UMCP or RU the next game it is a tough turnaround...

Look out our performance after "good wins" if we could follow those up with games against horrible teams (and not tough match-ups) we probably would have a very good record. We have plenty of quality wins... just a few too many mediocre losses following them.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

No doubt, but if you have to play UI, or MSU, Wisc... heck even UMCP or RU the next game it is a tough turnaround...

Look out our performance after "good wins" if we could follow those up with games against horrible teams (and not tough match-ups) we probably would have a very good record. We have plenty of quality wins... just a few too many mediocre losses following them.

Oh, yeah...totally agree.  I was thinking/talking about the NCAA tournament coming up.  No question that there's no comparison between the WCC and the BIG10.  The one possible weakness besides the Zags schedule is a short bench perhaps.  I can't be sure on that point, because Few generally has done a great job with his roster.  

Clemson losing to that depleted Miami team didn't help their bubble. 11 years Brownell has been down there. Made tourney twice. Talk about being a basketball coach at a football school. 

Thought it was a good spot for him but even after 11 years something has to change. 

Edited by Seeking6

36 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So 2 bubble teams lose.  Xavier and Clemson.  Win 2?  Win 3?

Won't be surprised if Rutgers keeps flexing on us and we fold quickly.  We will see if Trayce and Jerome are as soft as Archie thinks, even though they go public that they aren't.  

Xavier was up 30-13, I think, when I first checked.  Thought they had Butler beat, but...     🙄

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Clemson losing to that depleted Miami team didn't help their bubble. 11 years Brownell has been down there. Made tourney twice. Talk about being a basketball coach at a football school. 

Thought it was a good spot for him but even after 11 years something has to change. 

Brad signed a 6 year extension in 2018...so he is signed through the 23-24 season.  Pulling in a tad over 2 mil per year.

• Like 1

Conferences with a quadruple header today.  

B1G

B12 

SEC 

ACC 

P12 

MAC 

Big East 

I think I'm going to bring my tv up from the basement once it starts raining.  Until then, installing some trim while I think about how I'm going to extend my deck and add a new set of stairs.  Oh and buying 2nd round tickets at 10 am.  

Edited by NotIThatLives