'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Could he recruit better at IU?  Yes

Should he be recruiting better than he is after winning 2 of the past 5?  yes

Would he become one of the top 5 coaches ever if he came to IU and won 2 more?  yes

Is Indiana the Bama of college basketball?  yes

Did I say that Wright would come to IU?  No.  

Nova is a 9 or 10.  IU could be a 10+  Fact.  

Nova has reached it's peak.  It will never be a lambo, 10+ supermodel.  Neither will be to the beloved Mark Few's Gonzaga.  That's why IU needs to find it's young psycho.  Someone said Musselman is a healthy psycho.  Well if that's true, what are we waiting on?  Him to win it all at Arkansas and never leave?

I’m sorry to say it IU is not that relevent

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

In your opinion.  Would wright do better here than at nova going forward?

I doubt it if unless you think he would win 3 championships in 5 years instead of 2 championships.  Nobody has said he wouldn't do great things here but he would not come here so it is not worth talking about.

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Virginia out of ACC tourney with positive test. Georgia Tech advances to finals to play winner of Carolina/FSU.

I'll edit this-ACC says 7 days for team. Does that mean they better get a Friday draw?

Wonder what this will do to their seeding?  Currently projected on the 4 line.  Do the slide to 5 or 6, so if they have to forfeit, a slightly better team advances?

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Wonder what this will do to their seeding?  Currently projected on the 4 line.  Do the slide to 5 or 6, so if they have to forfeit, a slightly better team advances?

No clue right now. I don't see punishing a team for a positive test but I misspoke earlier. I forget first round this year is on Fri/Saturday so if they don't have any subsequent positive tests they would be good to go. 

If I were betting. I'd say if Virginia plays they stay 4.....but I could also see them pulling out of tourney altogether. How's that for commitment in a post? Haha.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue right now. I don't see punishing a team for a positive test but I misspoke earlier. I forget first round this year is on Fri/Saturday so if they don't have any subsequent positive tests they would be good to go. 

If I were betting. I'd say if Virginia plays they stay 4.....but I could also see them pulling out of tourney altogether. How's that for commitment in a post? Haha.

Did not realize that first round was Friday/Saturday.  That certainly makes a difference and provides them some cushion to get the 7 days of tests in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

In your opinion.  Would wright do better here than at nova going forward?

It’s an interesting question, hard to say he could do better than he has. In my opinion Nova has become the premier bb school, IU unfortunately has become a middling bb program with little national relevance 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I had thought that the 1st rd games were Sat and Sun and play ins were thursday Friday. I might be wrong. Thought the weekend was the only way to get that number of games in. 

1 hour ago, NY hoosier said:

It’s an interesting question, hard to say he could do better than he has. In my opinion Nova has become the premier bb school, IU unfortunately has become a middling bb program with little national relevance 

That's why I said "going forward”

I think after winning two of the last five championships his roster should be way more stacked than it is.  He would barely even have to leave the state to stack his roster in Indiana.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Virginia out of ACC tourney with positive test. Georgia Tech advances to finals to play winner of Carolina/FSU.

I'll edit this-ACC says 7 days for team. Does that mean they better get a Friday draw?

The first round doesn't start until Friday with play in games on Thursday

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

That's why I said "going forward”

I think after winning two of the last five championships his roster should be way more stacked than it is.  He would barely even have to leave the state to stack his roster in Indiana.

The reason I think he has the best program is he recruits a particular kind of Kid, not focused on the best, more the best fit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NY hoosier said:

I am sad to say it but I don’t believe IU is the draw that we want to believe it is. Nova is a very good academic school

Villanova is a catholic school, in the Big East.  We don't have to agree but he would slay it here.  He's got Nova moving like a rear mounted vette but they still aren't a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo.  Have they even entered into top 10 conversation?  Sure we have taken our lumps and some major steps backwards, but with the right coach we immediately jump right back into top 10 status.  

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Villanova is a catholic school, in the Big East.  We don't have to agree but he would slay it here.  He's got Nova moving like a rear mounted vette but they still aren't a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo.  Have they even entered into top 10 conversation?  Sure we have taken our lumps and some major steps backwards, but with the right coach we immediately jump right back into top 10 status.  

Of course he would  do well here but that is a mute point since he is never coming here