'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But @Stlboiler23would counter by saying if you count that when they were called Texas Western, you have to count the glorious Helm Banner... 

No argument from me. A championship is a championship. San Francisco has won more than us too lol. Doesn’t make either a better program but it still happened. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Okie State is banned from post season play this year, right?

They can play if the NCAA doesn’t rule on their appeal. I would be shocked if they do before the tournament. They will push it out a year so the most talented player in college basketball can play im sure.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No argument from me. A championship is a championship. San Francisco has won more than us too lol. Doesn’t make either a better program but it still happened. 

We’ve won 5 but we still sit at the bottom of the B1G. I’m not a what have you done for me lately guy as I appreciate history but when perhaps half your fan base have never seen you win a championship is it even relevant. We are about as relevant today as San Francisco.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw for some reason the in the MVC tournament that the drake and N. Iowa game was cancelled.  They have already had two games played and still is having the late game tonight.  I haven't seen the reason but I would guess one of the teams has a positive Covid test.

The Missouri Valley Conference has cancelled the third quarterfinal game of the 2021 State Farm MVC Tournament. Drake will advance to Saturday's semifinal round & will face the winner of Missouri State-Valparaiso at 3:05 pm CT. Official statement forthcoming.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw for some reason the in the MVC tournament that the drake and N. Iowa game was cancelled.  They have already had two games played and still is having the late game tonight.  I haven't seen the reason but I would guess one of the teams has a positive Covid test.

Do you think MVC gets two in?

Watching the OVC semi final with Belmont and Jacksonville St.  These games can be more entertaining than some pf the power 5 conference games.  It seems like the offenses in these leagues are more free flowing and have more movement.  I have always enjoyed watching Belmont because they always have good fundamental players and they seem to get a good shot on every possession.  Their PG has 10 points and 11 assist while shooting 4-5 and their 2G has 18 points with 5-7 from 3

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the OVC semi final with Belmont and Jacksonville St.  These games can be more entertaining than some pf the power 5 conference games.  It seems like the offenses in these leagues are more free flowing and have more movement.  I have always enjoyed watching Belmont because they always have good fundamental players and they seem to get a good shot on every possession.  Their PG has 10 points and 11 assist while shooting 4-5 and their 2G has 18 points with 5-7 from 3

How many layups did belmont miss.  They dang near gave that game away.  

Colorado st and the fighting Alford haircuts in a foul fest, 3 point game.  

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

and the fighting Alford haircuts take a three-point lead with .8 second left by a terrible shot by a player who has not hit a three all game

Great ending because after Nevada hit the 3 with 1 second to go that Colorado St. threw  a long pass and they caught it and actually hit a 3 but it was after the buzzer.  They reviewed it and it took for ever but it was so obvious it was after the buzzer but they actually saw the Colorado player step out before the shot.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great ending because after Nevada hit the 3 with 1 second to go that Colorado St. threw  a long pass and they caught it and actually hit a 3 but it was after the buzzer.  They reviewed it and it took for ever but it was so obvious it was after the buzzer but they actually saw the Colorado player step out before the shot.

I saw the red light and we t and showered.  Didn't realize he was out of bounds too.  Wasn't that the one seed out of that conference?  Do they stand any chance at an at large?  I'm guessing not.