Maryland Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special season continues. Phenomenal job by D....I hear we are called Interception U now. All eyes on MP injury and what Ohio St/Big 10 does this week. I'll be shocked if there isn't a rules adjustment to somehow allow Ohio St in....

Otherwise our program is so firmly grounded in all 3 aspects and basically had another 15 minute recruiting commercial from ESPN commentators. Great time to be an IU fan. Just hope MP is ok. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Pretty sure we just clinched at least a 2nd place finish.  Hopefully Penix is alright and going to UW next week we will need him.  UW defense will be the best defense we have faced this year so it will be hard to go up their with Tuttle starting.

Technically, if we lose out and Maryland wins out, they'll have a better winning percentage.  Neither of those is going to happen though.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Technically, if we lose out and Maryland wins out, they'll have a better winning percentage.  Neither of those is going to happen though.

I guess I was just looking at win total.  Who does Maryland have left?  We will have a tough game next week and Purdue won't be easy with those two WR's

Thinking of calling this team the Comeback Kids.  After two consecutive games with less than stellar first half performances.... to have two great second halves.  All be it one in defeat to the then #2 team in the country.... and then to pull away from Maryland today.

Coach Allen was right.  This team does not give up.

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Head to head is first tiebreaker right? We would be 5-3 they would be 4-2 but since we won today that wouldn't matter is my understanding. Let me know if I'm seeing rules wrong.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Head to head is first tiebreaker right? We would be 5-3 they would be 4-2 but since we won today that wouldn't matter is my understanding. Let me know if I'm seeing rules wrong.

I think head to head would only be if we were tied.  Since their winning percentage would be better, they'd technically be ahead of us.  That is my understanding, but not sure if that is 100% accurate.

Archived