Texas Game Thread

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

If we win its all sunshine and puppies and if we lose it all doom and gloom.  No middle ground.  The fanbase is pretty one side or the other

see... what i think is funny about that is that i am generally critical regardless, but i get attacked when we win.  

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

2.5 games into the season gang. Have we stunk today so far? Yes....but Good Lord. 

This is true. I think people are disheartened because it's been this way for 3 years under Miller. A good game is followed by a bad game, usually multiple bad games. Consistently inconsistent. But it is too early in the season to give up.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If we win its all sunshine and puppies and if we lose it all doom and gloom.  No middle ground.  The fanbase is pretty one side or the other

I'd say the message board side of our fanbase agrees with you. I like seeing teams win, develop, battle back from bad halves like just saw....all part of a season of hoops. Some of these guys going off the rails this early? Seems almost to be a mental issue. 

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

This is true. I think people are disheartened because it's been this way for 3 years under Miller. A good game is followed by a bad game, usually multiple bad games. Consistently inconsistent. But it is too early in the season to give up.

Not just Miller.  That was the Crean M.O. as well.

Well, we held them to 37% shooting...So I don't see the "lack of effort" argument...

We can't hit shots under pressure. And even open looks are a 30-70 proposition.

Another thing, we've focused so much on our guards boxing out and rebounding, the long rebounds are killing us. 

Archived