North Ala Post Game

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You know what's funny to me, is all the hate Wat got for his D and rebounding in his frosh and soph seasons. Then he became one of the best defenders on the team and was routinely tasked with defending other team point guards and stars. There was that idiot who used to post here who called him "cookies" because of his D. That's the thing with writing guys off, or just labeling them bad defenders. For what it's worth, Hunter had a terrific first game on both ends of the floor. He needs to step up his D, but the writing off his D is off-base.

Nobody is writing anything off. But saying its currently an area he has to improve in.

Geesh man, not like we are criticizing Paul George here. 🤪

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Nobody is writing anything off. But saying its currently an area he has to improve in.

Geesh man, not like we are criticizing Paul George here. 🤪

Actually some have posted things that basically do write him, and others, off. Happens every year, with a player or two. On the basis of one game, or a few early games, people take entrenched positions on a player. Do you remember people actually suggesting Wat should transfer? I mean seriously.

But for God's sake Paul George is above all criticism!

:D

14 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Well Indiana is one of the four worst Covid places on the planet per capita and the football team had an outbreak this week....

The state of Kentucky isn't much better. But you already knew they would push the limit with allowing fans no matter what the situation because they place an emphasis on basketball...it comes first. And I am hoping we will get back to that point as well instead of it taking a backseat under our current administration. 

21 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Actually some have posted things that basically do write him, and others, off. Happens every year, with a player or two. On the basis of one game, or a few early games, people take entrenched positions on a player. Do you remember people actually suggesting Wat should transfer? I mean seriously.

I absolutely WANT him to do it.  Love Jerome and hate what he's had to go through.  I'm just saying I see some fierce competition on this team and if guys don't step up, it's easy to get passed up.

I don't like to see these young men written off either.  Until they quit on IU, I won't quit on them.

...but I am OK with saying step up or get passed over.  That's reality for any of them.

I think one thing people have to remember is that sometimes people post what they think will happen, but it certainly doesn't mean it's what they want to happen.  I for one haven't "written Hunter off," but any time I doubt him or post something critical about him doesn't mean I don't hope for his success.  That would be very weird as an IU fan.  Same with when I doubt the amount of games we'll win or how good we are.  I still cheer as loudly as anyone else and get just as excited when we win.  It's really not any different than the people who were convinced Hunter would be a world beater.  Just our opinions or perspective.  I am very happy that I was wrong about Race this year.  I'm pleasantly surprised about Franklin.  Pleasantly surprised by Galloway.  Disappointed in Lander so far, but think he'll be solid by next year.  I like things about, always have, but a little disappointed where he is.  Al is about what I figured.  Anyway, I think it's a shame that people get so upset with anyone who has the audacity to criticize our team!  

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I absolutely WANT him to do it.  Love Jerome and hate what he's had to go through.  I'm just saying I see some fierce competition on this team and if guys don't step up, it's easy to get passed up.

I don't like to see these young men written off either.  Until they quit on IU, I won't quit on them.

...but I am OK with saying step up or get passed over.  That's reality for any of them.

Yes I understand, wasn’t meaning to take issue with anything you said, and fwiw agree. It’s competition and the young guys are competing 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I think one thing people have to remember is that sometimes people post what they think will happen, but it certainly doesn't mean it's what they want to happen.  I for one haven't "written Hunter off," but any time I doubt him or post something critical about him doesn't mean I don't hope for his success.  That would be very weird as an IU fan.  Same with when I doubt the amount of games we'll win or how good we are.  I still cheer as loudly as anyone else and get just as excited when we win.  It's really not any different than the people who were convinced Hunter would be a world beater.  Just our opinions or perspective.  I am very happy that I was wrong about Race this year.  I'm pleasantly surprised about Franklin.  Pleasantly surprised by Galloway.  Disappointed in Lander so far, but think he'll be solid by next year.  I like things about, always have, but a little disappointed where he is.  Al is about what I figured.  Anyway, I think it's a shame that people get so upset with anyone who has the audacity to criticize our team!  

Did someone steal nchoosier’s monicker? I kind of miss getting upset with him while acknowledging he has a point!😁

15 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I certainly haven't written him off...His shooting can still be an asset to the team...And hopefully he can play at the very least adequate defense and get some boards...

I praised his defense in the Tennessee Tech game. But I know that it won't be Tennessee Tech and North Alabama he'll be facing in the near future...it'll be the likes of Isaiah Livers, Ron Harper Jr, and Joe Wieskamp, and if there's one thing I know about CAM, it's that he favors floor game, hustle, and defense...Remember when a walk on, Zach McRoberts, was playing over scholarship players for that very reason?

That's where he HAS to improve to be able to get time and display his shooting prowess...

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I certainly haven't written him off...His shooting can still be an asset to the team...And hopefully he can play at the very least adequate defense and get some boards...

I praised his defense in the Tennessee Tech game. But I know that it won't be Tennessee Tech and North Alabama he'll be facing in the near future...it'll be the likes of Isaiah Livers, Ron Harper Jr, and Joe Wieskamp, and if there's one thing I know about CAM, it's that he favors floor game, hustle, and defense...Remember when a walk on, Zach McRoberts, was playing over scholarship players for that very reason?

That's where he HAS to improve to be able to get time and display his shooting prowess...

i agree on what CAM values when giving playing minutes.   I am baffled by the lack of growth on offense and defense form hunter.  He seems to be the kind of kid who puts the work in.  We have seen that he can shoot, rebound and hit the block as needed.  The defensive side of is the most disappointing since he can work on that regardless if his shot isn't falling. 

Maybe he would flourish in a different offensive scheme.  Maybe an offense that had more good shooters which would spread the defense and open up what we can.  Right now we're not hard to gamer plan for. 

Here's to hoping the switch clicks and he starts growing like he did at the end of last year.  I really think he has the tools to be a VO kind of player.

Archived