Outback Bowl Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Is it possible to love this guy any more!  Lives what he preaches.  Represent tomorrow Hoosiers!!

I honestly think its possible to love him more. He will do something sometime to prove it. Hope I get a chance to run into him in Bloomington sometime.  

Destroy Ole Miss. GO IU!!

I think after the OSU game, this game is even more important. The B1G is getting more respect after the last couple days, and we're getting a lot of respect from playing OSU closer than Clemson.  We need to come out and make a statement.

If we win this game, and OSU beats Bama by more than 7, we'll be getting insane amounts of respect. We really need to take care of Ole Miss. This is probably our most important game in 30 years or more.

Feeling pretty good but let's remember we haven't won a bowl game in 3 decades. First thing first. Get the win...but if we have a chance to run things up let's do it. 

What's done is done about bowl selection but if we can pounce a SEC team I'm all for it. Enjoy the day IU fans. Last one for 9 months!

5 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Nervous as hell personally. Feel like we should be able to take them. Yet if we struggle to contain their offense additional pressure shifts to Tuttle. Massive game. Just win, baby!

That's where I'm at too.  I don't think they're a bad matchup for us, but a matchup that worries me with our inexperienced QB.  We'll probably need Tuttle to be more aggressive than against Wisconsin, and with such little experience, it worries me.  I have faith he can since I thought he looked really good and he seems to be a great leader and prepare well, but it is still unknown.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if he comes out and throws for 350 yards and 3+ touchdowns and we have some interesting QB conversations in the offseason.

Very concerned about the game. Their offense is 3rd best in the country for a reason. Make some mistakes, but Kiffins offenses are legit, plus not inflated with cupcakes.  Plus we haven’t played in a month. I think we may come out rusty and they are gonna try to exploit that. This is the one team from the sec besides bama or a full strength Florida Was very nervous to play because of their offense. Like previously said above if this game comes down to Tuttle having to air it out in a back and forth high scoring game we don’t know how that will go yet. I think/ hope we win, but we need to hold them under 30, which nobody except Arkansas has done yet. Have to force turnovers and take advantage. 

Archived